User Profile
I can not get warm.
I spend all day cold.
Right now the thermostat says it is 24c and I am sat near the radiator.
My fingers are bluish purpple and the tiny hairs on my arms are standing right up.

My feet are like blocks of ice - so much they hurt.
I have on 2 pairs of fluffy bedsocks and slippers and I have a mat on the floor.

This is how days go by. Putting extra layers on just doesn't help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Are you anemic?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
Nope.
I get odd cravings for steak and chocolate (not together eeeewwwwwww) when I get anaemic - happened a few times lol

i think I have an underactive thyroid but when I went to a doctor about it they said I was "within normal limits" whatever that means.
That was a few years ago though.
My mom had an underactive thyroid diagnosed a few years ago. She went to her doctor because she had bad shakes and it was to do with her thyroid.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I woke up this morning and my furnace had died throughout the night. The thermostat doesn't show a temp below 55 degrees, so I know it was colder than that. It was -10 during the night.

Kia, is there a place you can get and electric blanket and some electric socks?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
We have a lecky blanket on the bed.

Lecky socks? Shocked
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I didn't know they made electric socks. I know I get cold sometimes from being anemic. Did you say that you have a spaceheater, I don't remember.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
Not a space heater we have central heating through out and i'm sat near the radiator, and the radiator is .H.O.T!!! Lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
I'm permanently cold too. My doc says it's cause i'm tired. Confused I want the heat on like 28 (celcius) in my house but I can't cause it triggers trey's asthma so I gotta keep it kind of cold and bundle up. Confused

Edited because I wrote that I hate to keep my house cold and I don't want people thinking trey is a "bother" to me. Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, electric socks, well they run on batteries. My mother has a pair and i'm confident you can get them at any dept store. Not sure about out of the states though.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
I hear ya.

When it hits 28 in here (i tend to hide away in the office - i'm either on line or studying) then i'm happy lol
steve hates it, fortunately we have a portable thermostat, so I can come in here with the thermo and set it where I want and because it senses the temp in here it sends a signal to the boiler to stop, so the rest of the flat can stay cooler.
Each radiator has a tvr as well, so he has all the rest of them on a low setting.

Main part of the flat will probably be around 22 usually.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Me too and my mom !**@! about the space heater but its the basement its cold
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
I am constantly cold too, but its because i'm anemic, i'm the only fool that wears a sweater in the summer. At night I sleep with a sheet and 3...Yep three comforters in order to be warm.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
foxy wrote:
i am constantly cold too, but its because i'm anemic, i'm the only fool that wears a sweater in the summer. At night I sleep with a sheet and 3...Yep three comforters in order to be warm.
your husband must hate that! Lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
foxy wrote:
i am constantly cold too, but its because i'm anemic, i'm the only fool that wears a sweater in the summer. At night I sleep with a sheet and 3...Yep three comforters in order to be warm.


sheeet kace, don't ever move to canada. Lmao
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
foxy wrote:
i am constantly cold too, but its because i'm anemic, i'm the only fool that wears a sweater in the summer. At night I sleep with a sheet and 3...Yep three comforters in order to be warm.


i would if my b/f wouldnt hog the covers I cried last nite he took the flannel sheet so I punished him by sleeping in sweat muahahha Twisted Evil
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
melissa_20 wrote:
foxy wrote:
i am constantly cold too, but its because i'm anemic, i'm the only fool that wears a sweater in the summer. At night I sleep with a sheet and 3...Yep three comforters in order to be warm.
your husband must hate that! Lol


he doesn't mind because the comforters are on my side of the bed and all the excess is hanging off the bed and on the floor.

We don't spoon or cuddle when we are sleeping so its not a problem.


lil_blaze2004 wrote:
sheeet kace, don't ever move to canada. Lmao


lol I know right Laughing
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Supporter
mommy35 wrote:
i woke up this morning and my furnace had died throughout the night. The thermostat doesn't show a temp below 55 degrees, so I know it was colder than that. It was -10 during the night.

Kia, is there a place you can get and electric blanket and some electric socks?


at first I read "i woke up this morning and my fiance was dead" I was like Shocked
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
i'm permanently cold too. My doc says it's cause i'm tired. Confused I want the heat on like 28 (celcius) in my house but I can't cause it triggers trey's asthma so I gotta keep it kind of cold and bundle up. Confused


Edited because I wrote that I hate to keep my house cold and I don't want people thinking trey is a "bother" to me. Wink


lmao...Nah you know you ain't right! Wink

when .Oni had .R.S.V we had to keep it at about 67 (farenheit) so her lungs would function properly. If it got too hot, she wouldn't be able to breathe.
We had a cold front that had come in and it suuuckeed to keep the house that cold!!

But sh't, whatever it took to help .Oni breathe!!

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:

when .Oni had .R.S.V we had to keep it at about 67 (farenheit) so her lungs would function properly. If it got too hot, she wouldn't be able to breathe.
We had a cold front that had come in and it suuuckeed to keep the house that cold!!


lol, 67 is cold? We keep the house at 68 during the day, even when it's 10 degrees outside. At night we set the thermostat at 66 but only the living room stays that temp, our bedrooms are about 63. I thought that would be too cold for finn but he sweats a lot so he doesn't seem to mind it chilly. I just bundle him up at night.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
**[post removed by moderator]**
reason: content provactive and drama causing
|
Did you find this post helpful?
12
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...