Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Anyone Else Having These Problems?

I am 27 y.O. And ttc since june when I went off the bcp (i was on it for 8 yrs). My cycles are irregular - the only pattern I see is one month it's 30 days, the next it's 40.
I am now cd 45 and no period yet. I had 3 days of light brown spotting at day 36 with lots of cm (which I don't usually see). I did a hpt at day 40, and it was negative.
Were those 3 days of spotting my period?????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2007
Still No Period
Just wanted to let you know that it is now day 53 and still no period. I haven't tested again to see if i'm pregnant - got tired of wasting money on the tests. Got a couple free ones from work today, so I don't know if I should test now or wait a bit longer in case those few days of spotting I had before was my period.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Have you called your doctor?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Shortgeek is right you should call your dr & maybe do a blood test to conform.

You could very well be preg

good luck
|

Hi! Yes, call the doctor to see if you can get in for an app't. I was on the pill for over 13 years and had the same problems as you. My af's were about 51 days apart or so, but he did tell me that it can take some women an average of 6 months or more to regulate after coming off the bc pill. My af's never did end up becoming regular, but I did finally get my bfp in late december, so hang in there, it can happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied February 5th, 2007
Experienced User
I had the same problem I cam off bc in may and have had two very long cycles since then, 21, 34,61,33, 114, don't give up hope yet you could be pregnant or still regulating. I would wait a week since your last test and then test again. When I went 114 days I tested every 2 weeks for a month and a half and then swiched to every month.
|

Testes Again Today.....
Well I tested again today, and it was negative. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and asked for a referal to a gynecologist. He wasn't going to do it at first because he told me it could take up to a year of ttc. But I told him that my cycles weren't regular, so eventually he agreed to write me the referal. So far I haven't heard anything about an appointment yet.

The most frustrating part is that I don't know if I have ovulated - especially when the cycle is so long - will I only ovulate once before my period comes? Do you still ovulate even though no af came?
|

If you get an af, then you have ovulated. If your not getting your af, then most likely, ovulation has not occured. Once your body does ovulate, af usually comes within 14 days after.
I really wouldn't worry too much just yet. It does take some time for some people (and you are probably one of them!) to regulate. Like I said, after 6 months, my af's were atill not regular, but doctor wasn't going to refer me to anyone until month 7 or 8 at least.
I would start to take your temperature each morning with a basal temp and track your cm. This way you can start to setermine if you are ovulating on your own. I think this may help you, it did for me!!!!!
Good luck! Wink
|

replied February 6th, 2007
Bbt
I've tried tracking my temps, but I work shift work so it wasn't very accurate. I am tracking my cm.....Sometimes that is hard too because I don't notice any. But i'm in luck today!!
Anyways, just want to thank everyone for their support!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....