Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

What Good Workouts Are There For the Legs?

Hey, i've been working out for the past month and I need strong muscles and legs because I do enduro(motobike sport that really pushes you to the limits) I have the arms muscles but what leg exersizes are there. Aswell what good things can I do to improve stamina I really suck at keeping my breath.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Step aerobics good for quads and calfs.

Cycling, I guess for you, moutain bike riding would work well. Plus doing leg work in the weight room would help too.
|

replied February 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Ryan.

For your leg exercise. Lean against a wall and lower your back (keep it straight!) until your legs are at 90 degrees, aim to do 10 reps 3 sets.

For your calfs, hold onto something for balance and perform calf raises one leg at a time, so you end up on your tippy toes. Aim for 20-30 reps 3 sets.

Improve your lung capacity -- aerobic conditioning!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....