User Profile
I have been getting hedaches for over 3 weeks and everyday. Went to my GP he gave me tablets they didnt work then wen to hospital he gave me co-odamal 500mg they also didnt help what should i do know i get really bad headaches all over my head on the sides and also at the back i sometimes get these shakes on my back and my legs and sometimes when am walking my legs start hurting what should i do

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2007
Headache, Migraines, Sinus Conditions Answer A2193
According to the symptoms you've described (a headache accompanied with pains in the back and legs), you could be experiencing a tension headache. Tension headaches are due to tight, contracted muscles in your shoulders, neck, scalp, and jaw. Tension headaches are often related to stress, depression, or anxiety. Overwork, not getting enough sleep, missing meals, and using alcohol or street drugs can make you more susceptible to this type of headache. People who drink caffeine can also experience headaches when they don't get their usual fix.
Other common causes of headaches, especially tension headaches, include:
• Holding your head in one position for a long time, like at a computer, microscope, or typewriter
• Poor sleep position
• Overexerting yourself
• Clenching or grinding your teeth
Tension headaches tend to be on both sides of your head. They often start at the back of your head and spread forward. The pain may feel like a low-grade dull ache, or as if your head was being squeezed between a tight band or vice. Your shoulders, neck, or jaw may feel tight and sore.
You can request painkillers or another analgesic prescription from your primary health physician. If medication does not help alleviate the symptoms, you can consult a neurologist for more options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.