Okay for about an hour now I been having alot of braxton hicks along with lots of pressure in my upper tummy!

Can labor start off with braxton hicks? Instead of full blown painful contractons?

Im not feeling any of the cramps with them yet just the normal back pain I been getting.

Any info would be highly appreciated!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2007
I sugguest you call your doctor. How far along are you? I had fauls contractions a week before I went into labor. I had the baby at 23 wks
|

Active User, very eHealthy
ashleyneal wrote:
i sugguest you call your doctor. How far along are you? I had fauls contractions a week before I went into labor. I had the baby at 23 wks

im 38 weeks. I been getting bh for weeks now. I just been getting alot of them today. I was told I have to wait for contractions every 5 minutes for 2 hours since I been having them for awhile now.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
At first contractions start out uncomfy but pattern like then become painful, I got lots of bh this pregnancy but it was my 2nd kid
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
My entire first day of contractions were mildly uncomfortable - not painful at all. I watched tv the whole time and munched on ice chips. They only got painful for me in the last couple of hours. Before that, they felt like mild gas pains or like menstrual cramps after you've taken a tylenol and slapped a heating pad on.
|

ayamiyaki wrote:
my entire first day of contractions were mildly uncomfortable - not painful at all. I watched tv the whole time and munched on ice chips. They only got painful for me in the last couple of hours. Before that, they felt like mild gas pains or like menstrual cramps after you've taken a tylenol and slapped a heating pad on.

oh my!! I had severe "gas pains" late last night but I didnt have gas. I was thinking what? And then since I woke up thies morning I been having bh. They have calmed down some since I posted this post but they are still there. Maybe this means I will go into labor soon.
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I never had bh but I remember feeling "weird and gassy" all day, and at 11pm that night my water broke. I had no idea I was in labour and had been having contractions. Lol thank god my water broke! Lol

it's very possible that this is the begining of labour. Or you could go another few weeks (if you go over 40w) Razz lol
|

replied January 20th, 2007
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
i never had bh but I remember feeling "weird and gassy" all day, and at 11pm that night my water broke. I had no idea I was in labour and had been having contractions. Lol thank god my water broke! Lol

it's very possible that this is the begining of labour. Or you could go another few weeks (if you go over 40w) Razz lol

i want that type of labor!! Lol

my little one hasnt been as active as much and I have read that they "calm down" a few days before labor but I have also read about them doing the opposite too. I guess im just going to have to wait and see. Hopefully the wait wont be too long. Smile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...