Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Take Her to the Dr? (Page 1)

User Profile
For 2 days shes been crying, I dunno whats wrong. I thought maybe constipation but im not sure cuz shes still poopin just not as much, tonight im trying formula. But if shes screamin again should I take her to the dr? It sees like shes crying all day almost. She fell asleep ay 2am last night till 8am. Crying on and off all day today, ive tried it all
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I would, just to be safe.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Ya, im thinking maybe its the breastfeeding and my diet thats why im tryin formula she just drank 3 oz and so far is quiet so we will see how tonight goes, I feel bad if I have to switch to formula but I went 3 weeks so I dunno, maybe ill just pump just in case its not that. But doing a test run tonight, using my medela bottles that I use when I pump . I just dont think I can do no sleep and screaming babyeveryday if its my diet thats affecting her ya know
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
If she's crying all day long, there's probably a reason. I would take her in sooner rather than later. She might be in pain, and you wouldn't want to leave her in pain any longer than necessary, right? And if she's fine, that isn't a trip wasted - it's for the benefit of your daughter.

I think you should bring her in now, but that's just my opinion. Neutral
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I agree.The baby can't tell you whats wrong and by guessing you could be wasting time.I would take her in.It might not be the breast feeding,ya know?
|

Experienced User
tinkinpink84 wrote:
ya, im thinking maybe its the breastfeeding and my diet thats why im tryin formula she just drank 3 oz and so far is quiet so we will see how tonight goes, I feel bad if I have to switch to formula but I went 3 weeks so I dunno, maybe ill just pump just in case its not that. But doing a test run tonight, using my medela bottles that I use when I pump . I just dont think I can do no sleep and screaming babyeveryday if its my diet thats affecting her ya know

maybe she is not getting enough milk from you and is still hungry.......You don't have to stop breastfeeding or switch to formula completely, just after you are finished breastfeeding her then you can top her off with the formula to ensure that she is satisfied. That way she will get what she needs from you, and remain satisfied.

But if you find that she is still upset after your test run tonight then I would take her to the doctor.

Eta: I didn't see that you said that she has been crying for two days.... I could swear you meant today, silly me thought you were using the number word thing (2day = today). Embarassed

but yes I i would carry her to the doctor right now, two days is too long a wait if there is something seriously wrong.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I wouldnt wanna drive out in the weather tonight, we are having a wind storm with gusts up to 90 mph so it wouldnt be safe. Right now shes quiet hopefully she is quiet tonight. We will see how it goes though . It seemed like last night she would fall asleep id go to goto bed and she was up and screaming id try and nurse shed want it then not . She seems satisfied after the bottle now though . But maybe ill continue to pump andmodify my diet so my milk doesnt dissapear. If tonight goes well on formula that is if not then drs it is. But I might make an appt anyways to be sure she doesnt have anything like acid reflux or something or colic ya know, im tempted to make myself an appt for this cold , I feel like crap and my voice sounds just as bad and my chest just feels funky . Jordynne got over her cold fast lucky her mines just gotten worse and on top of it I got a toothache that icant do anything about because I cant take children in the dentist. Hopfully hubby gets off early one day cuz it sucks. My temp filling I gues aitn doing its job.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
*sigh* if that's what you were ultimately going to do, why did you ask us for our opinions? You know what, never mind, it's fine. Good luck.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
*sigh* if that's what you were ultimately going to do, why did you ask us for our opinions? You know what, never mind, it's fine. Good luck.

i was talking about makin an appointment not running out to the er, its not advised to be driving out in this wind with all the trees and hills. Im not trying to use excuses, I can take a video clip of the wind, if youd like, or look it up for hohenfels germany. With 75 mph winds and gusts to 90mph I dont wanna be driving through the trees wich are everywhere. Everything closed at 3:45pm today because of the weather.

The first day I didnt try formula at all. Nor had I all day today till just now but ima stop typing now the power flickered I might be here or not im not sure the power might go Sad
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
You know what I thought of?

ayamiyaki wrote:

and I hate when friends ask for your advice, you give it to them, they don't follow it and then complain to you again about how screwed up their situation is. Like, really? You want me to feel sorry for you when you did the exact opposite of what I told you to do? Rolling Eyes
lol

for real though tinkinpink,there must be something wrong with her.You should take her to the doctor.An infants health is nothing to messs around with.Of course maybe she will go to bed quiet,but what if she never wakes up? Not being mean at all but it could happen.Its been a couple of days since she's been sick and you don't now how bad it really is.You *need* to get her to a doctor.
|

Extremely eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
I was about to say something along these lines
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
you know what I thought of?

ayamiyaki wrote:

and I hate when friends ask for your advice, you give it to them, they don't follow it and then complain to you again about how screwed up their situation is. Like, really? You want me to feel sorry for you when you did the exact opposite of what I told you to do? Rolling Eyes
lol

for real though tinkinpink,there must be something wrong with her.You should take her to the doctor.An infants health is nothing to messs around with.Of course maybe she will go to bed quiet,but what if she never wakes up? Not being mean at all but it could happen.Its been a couple of days since she's been sick and you don't now how bad it really is.You *need* to get her to a doctor.

its 9pm here , im in germany, im pretty sure ill be taking her to the dr since she is back crying again. I gotta call tomorow morning to make an appt at the clinic. They do them same day. If u were here and saw it outside u wouldnt go out, we are supposed to have tyed down or put up any lose things outside and shut our blinds etc in case of broken windows. I have a feeling our grill might end up in someone elses yard. We live atopa hill so we get the winds extremely high. What they call a wind storm here . The winds getting worse though I hate it
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
[quote="tinkinpink84"]
melissa_20 wrote:
you know what I thought of?

ayamiyaki wrote:

lol

its 9pm here , im in germany, im pretty sure ill be taking her to the dr since she is back crying again. I gotta call tomorow morning to make an appt at the clinic. They do them same day. If u were here and saw it outside u wouldnt go out, we are supposed to have tyed down or put up any lose things outside and shut our blinds etc in case of broken windows. I have a feeling our grill might end up in someone elses yard
well i'm sorry abotu the weather your having but just make sure you get her there as soon as possible so you can make sure she'll be alright
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I was gonna say something but my mind went totally blank. Id rather snow then this weather at least people can drive in it but its not advised to do so because of trees that can fall. They did tell us to put cars in the garage but I could care less if something hit my car at this point lol. I feel bad , joseph went through colic , the only thing that worked was taking him for a walk in the stroller at midnight. But that was in fla in oct. She gets quiet in the bouncy chair when I constantly rock it with my foot. Its hard to tell if its gas or what, some one told me a growth spurt but they eat more during a growth spurt not cry. So I highly doubt thats it. But tomorow I will be up 8am so call the clinic and get an appt for her. What exactly do I tell them? Besides that she is crying ? I still dunno if I should make an appt for myself, I dont want them to just say ya got a cold take some otc meds . But hmm I dunno I dont even know how long ive been sick lol lack of sleep and being sick is wearing me out
|

Experienced User
tinkinpink84 wrote:

its 9pm here , im in germany, im pretty sure ill be taking her to the dr since she is back crying again. I gotta call tomorow morning to make an appt at the clinic. They do them same day. If u were here and saw it outside u wouldnt go out, we are supposed to have tyed down or put up any lose things outside and shut our blinds etc in case of broken windows. I have a feeling our grill might end up in someone elses yard. We live atopa hill so we get the winds extremely high. What they call a wind storm here . The winds getting worse though I hate it

tink, i'm not trying to judge you or anything, but I have to ask........Why didn't you take her to the doctor earlier like yesterday? If I remember correctly your daughter is not even a month old yet right? (i hope i'm not mixing you up with anyone else).....After a full night of crying from a newborn I would have carried her to the doctor the next day.

Has the weather been bad all week?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
foxy wrote:
tinkinpink84 wrote:

tink, i'm not trying to judge you or anything, but I have to ask........Why didn't you take her to the doctor earlier like yesterday? If I remember correctly your daughter is not even a month old yet right? (i hope i'm not mixing you up with anyone else).....After a full night of crying from a newborn I would have carried her to the doctor the next day.

Has the weather been bad all week?

one night I wasnt sure it mighta just been gas she didnt cry that much the tuesday night. So I was gonna see how the next day went and she was quiet in the car to the wic office and that was pretty much it , icouldnt put her down at all. Then all night she was crying. Eventually she went to sleep for 4 or 5 hrs I think and today shes been cranky on and off, the weathers been like this on and off. Its oddly warm out too
|

Extremely eHealthy
Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Ya I dont think its breastfeeding cuz she is the same way after formula, her temperature is normal. Shes pooped normal like 3 times though usually its more like 6-8.

Ugh youd think a tornado was rippin through here right now , its like this all over germany though. Afriend lives in a diff part and they got the same wind storm
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry but what will you tell the Dr. Shes crying all day and the reason im here is because .......................................... ............. There are no symtoms of anything wrong with her health and she is still feeding....Some days are bad and some are good. She probably has cramps or just feels tired
|

Extremely eHealthy
But what if something is wrong.I would rather be safe than sorry
|
Tags: asleep
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....