So my parents noticed that one side of my neck was larger than the other and I went and got tested. The doctor gave me almost a year of thyroid medicine, but I showed no symptons beside the neck. Then I went to another doctor and he said I might have the graves disease and I got blood checked and he gave me more thyroid medicine. After taking it for 2 months I went back and got checked and the blood results were good and he told me to take it for a few more months and then he said I should be fine and took me off the medication. Then a few months later I began experiencing that my mouth was dry all the time even when I am drinking water. I thought it would go away but it's been months now and my mouth is feeling quite dry. Which type of doctor should I go see to check my problem? I got bloodtested and they said it wasn't diabetes, so they don't know what it is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
That might be something that your regular physician or a dentist can help you with. I would try the physician first as you seem to believe that it's a side effect of your thyroid medication but please get this issue resolved as it can have serious side effects.
|

replied January 17th, 2007
Hmm thanks i'll go and do that. I don't think it should be a side effect from the medicine because it never happened before.
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....