User Profile
i'm trying to figure out the father of my baby. i had sex on the 10th of december, 2006, the day after my period ended. no protection, we had sex to completion, meaning my partner ejaculated.
then i had sex with a different partner on the 29th of december, 2006. it was also unprotected, but i stopped it after about 5 minutes, and he did not ejaculate.
i've had numerous positive home pregancy tests, the first one taken jan 7th, a few days after my period was late. went to the doctor on the 8th and had a beta taken. it was positive, and they say the number was 5257H. I don't know what that means. Then on the tenth I had an ultrasound, transvaginal and regular. the results came back that indeed i was pregnant, the report saying "less than five weeks."
my breasts have become very swollen and tender. my abdomen is bloated. i feel very pregnant. although there was close to 3 weeks between the different partners, i have no answers, and i'm very scared. don't know if i have to do paternity testing, which is very expensive. but also very opposed to terminating. can anyone help me figure this out?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2007
Pregnancy Answer A2175
You'll need to record the starting date of your last period and your usual menstrual cycle duration. Conception occurs during the fertile days of the cycle. The fertile days 3 days before and 1 days after ovulation, which itself occurs about 14 days before the next period starts. If your cycle lasts 28 days (as in most women,) ovulation happens about 14 days after the start of the last period. In women with a 21 day cycle, ovulation happens about 7 days after last period started. If the period (menstrual bleeding) lasts 6 days, ovulation would occur 1 day after the period ended. All these calculations are only orientational and can’t determine the real father for sure. A paternity test (dna-test) is the most secure method for determining the real father. <br>

disclaimer: the material presented in the ehealthforum discussion forums and ask a doctor is in no way intended to replace professional medical care or attention by a qualified licensed medical professional. Ehealthforum and ehealthforum's ask a doctor advises all users with health problems and concerns to consult their personal doctors. Furthermore, if you have any questions or concerns about your condition, you must consult your qualified licenseced medical professional before starting any treatment.

The materials in the ehealthforum discussion forums and ask a doctor cannot and should not be used as a basis for diagnosis or choice of treatment. To the fullest extent possible, ehealthforum and ehealthforum's ask a doctor expressly excludes all liability in respect of the information and opinions contained in the discussion forums and ask a doctor, this web site, or any sites linked to this web site.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.