Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

How to remove a tattoo?

User Profile
Hi, my problem is I have a boyfriend and he doesn't trust me at all even though i stay home everyday and answer his calls and would never cheat on him, he just doesn't mostly trust me on my past.. he made me get a tattoo of his name and our date with i love you on it and i did it because i love him for 5 years now.. but all he keeps doing is hurting me by breaking up with me and calling me names sometimes but half the time he loves me back but sometimes he just gets into that evil person and does what i just explained .. he leaves me in deep depression because i love someone who is making me feel un appreciated for all the things i do for him.. so i just want to take off this tattoo and get it removed and leave him .. but i cant do it with my mom because she doesnt noe.. and i dont have the money.. is there anyway i can get this removed with my problem of no money or parent involved.. the only thing stopping me from getting more hurt is this tattoo .. is there anyway you can help and help my depression come to a end.. or even give me advice on to help my problem with him?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2007
Depression Answer A2173
It seems that you made a good decision to end a horrible relationship with a pathologically jealous man. Te tattoo could be a problem to start another relationship, so you can consider removing it. Tattoos can be removed only with a pecial dermatological procedure that requires a laser. I don’t know the price but I believe that your parents could have a full understanding of your situation and they may support you financially to remove that tattoo if you tell them.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.