Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

I Have a Couple of Ovulation Questions Please Help!!!!!!!

I am a mother of 2. A 9 and a 5 year old. Me and my husband are ttc. This is our 5th month trying. My cycles are 28 days.

Question: this month im using an ovulation test and on cycle day 10 I was positive for ovulation. So naturally we did the deed. I was curious and the next day on cycle day 11 I took another ovulation test and it was negative. Is that normal? Was I really ovulating?

Question: its now cycle day 12 and I noticed a very small amount of light almost pink bleeding when I wiped after using the rest room # 1. I re-wiped and did not see anymore red. Is this concidered spot bleeding and is it nomal? Should I be worried? I had my yearly exam in october 06' and everything was normal.

Im sorry if this is too personal or gross but im really tired of crying each month when I get my period. Im ready to be pregnant and its upseting that I havent concieved by now.

I appreciate everybodys time, knowledge and advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I have been using the ovulation predictors for the last three months. It is supposed to be positive for two or three days and then turn negative again. Did you have any other symptoms of ovulation along with the positive opk test? Are you continuing to take it?

A work to the wise - don't use the first morning urine. I did this for the first two months because the test did not specify a time and the hpt say to use the first morning urine, so I figured it was the same. It turns out that you are supposed to test later in the day because lh surges when you are asleep and there isn't enough time for it to build up in the first urine.

I'm not sure if spotting is a sign of ovulation.

Good luck with the bding. If you have a 28 day cycle, you are probably close to the o date if today is cd12. Keep taking the test and keep trying. A new little one will be worth the wait. Here's baby dust to you.
|

replied January 13th, 2007
Shortgeek, I did feel a sharp pain in left side the day I tested and the test was positive. Ive heard that that is a sighn of ovulation but im really not sure. So yes I have still been testing. I did not know that your not suppose to use the first morning urine. I bet thats what ive been doing wrong. Thank you so much for the advice!!!!
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't know about opks, but blood-tinged cervical mucus is a sign of strong ovulation--perhaps that is what you had?
|

replied January 22nd, 2007
cln1812 wrote:
i don't know about opks, but blood-tinged cervical mucus is a sign of strong ovulation--perhaps that is what you had?

Smile I hope that is what it was.!! Thanks
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....