I know this is a pretty silly question and I already know the answer but I just wanted to make sure. If you have sex while your menstruating is it still possible that you can get pregnant? I would have thought that if you did get pregnant while menstruating the bleeding would stop. Would it continue as normal if you were pregnant?

I had sex in the shower with my boyfriend while I was menstruating. He "accidently" ejaculated inside of me. I have continued to bleed as normal. He insists that you cant get pregnant while menstruating but I think otherwise. Please somebody confirm this with me. Or hopefully set me straight. I dont want to spend the cash on a morning after pill because im not very financial at the moment. Somebody please tell me what my options are and if I need to start worrying?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Read the topic that says

read this first!...Information about pregnancy
|

Especially eHealthy
Yes, you can indeed get pregnant at any time during your cycle. It isn't likely you would get pregnant during your period, but you could.

Also, never believe a guy who 'accidently' finishes inside you. He knows it's coming, he knows the way out, he just didn't take it.

Pregnancy is no accident. You make the choice to have unprotected sex.
|

Yes you can get pregnant while you are on your period.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....