Hi I have pcos and I am currently on metformin 85omg 2x a day and I tryed 1 round of clomid last month with no success and now they upped the dosage of clomid so my question is... Has anyone ever became pregnant with this medication and how long did it take???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was prescribed 50 mg of clomid to take cd 2-6 and 2000mg of metformin (that I had to increase over 4weeks) this was for pcos too.

I was prescribed it at the end of october and by the end of november I was pregnant!!! So it happened for me on the first month!
While I was researching them, it said if you were on both medications you had a very high chance of ovulating!! So keep positive!

I wish you all the best and I hope things work as well for you as they have for me. Please keep me posted on how you get on Smile
|

replied January 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Any other ones???
|

replied February 11th, 2007
Re: Metformin And Clomid
Hi
i have pcos I was told I have pcos 3 years ago and have had dye test I have been on metformin 3 x a day for 3 years now and I am now on 2 clomid 100g a day after day 2 of period this is the 2nd time I have been on clomid the 1st time was 3 years ago for 6 months and I am sorry to say that it is with no success last month a new dr gave me it againe 2 months ago for another 6 months and the dr told me yesterday you can only take it 12 months in your life time that is what she told me. I do not know if this is right.
We will still be trying and I am on the waiting list for iui and the waiting list is 18 months.
So I will be going back to see what tratment they can do for me next appointment and I was told yesterday that if I wanted to go on ivf my bmi was to high and need to lose weight but with pcos that is the hardest thing to do.
I wish you all the luck.
|

replied February 17th, 2009
Need Help - answer me please
My Consultant has prescribed clomid 50g for 3 rounds which did not work. Later on suggested for clomid 100g having finished one round. It's now 2 months that I have not got periods nor did we mate. I am really fed up. Anybody who has had this kind of experience and consequences. I am losing hope of conceiving. It seems mystery. Dr. said if not in this round I will be referred to IVF. I have become abnormally fat. Dont know is it becoz of tablets? Please help me.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....