I am a 19, pretty healthy, female. I have suffered headaches for about 3 months. My headaches come several times daily, and last normally for about 5 to 20 seconds of intense pain. Everything else basically blacks out though I do not lose consciousness. I have not noticed any patterns of these attacks. They mainly occur on the left side, near the front but can spread to the right side. I sometimes get them in the back of my head, especially after smiling lots or laughing. I have no major numbness though sometimes a bit of tingling in my fingers. These last for similar amounts of time. I have had random twitches in my arms, neck and legs when my body is relaxed. About 2 months ago I loss my left peripheral vision in my left eye for about 3 hours. This has happened twice since. I have started getting lots of 'floaters' in my eye, which are annoying when trying to read but aren’t associated with pain. I feel that I have lost some peripheral vision on my left side. I get a lot of pain behind my eyes, sometimes when I am looking straight ahead, and always when I look up (not at light or sun or anything in particular, just when my eyeballs are looking up. I’ve had cat scan, an mri and a lumber puncture, all which came back normal. I have been diagnosed with buried drusen (a build up of calcium deposits on my optic nerves) and am trying ado-nadolol to see if my headaches are migraine related, though so far it is making them worse (gone from 2-4 a day to 8-12 a day). Anyone else have similar experiences?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2004
I had symptoms similar to these it was diagnosed as pseudotumor cerebi or intracranial hypertension. The following website should give you more information.
Www.Ihrfoundation.Org
if you have any questions please email me.
|

replied February 24th, 2004
Hi
thanks for the reply. The neurologist I saw thought it was intercrainial hypertension but I had a lumber puncture to test the pressure and it came back normal.
Thanks again
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....