User Profile
From last night I officially put logan on cows milk and he hates it Crying or Very sad

he is a really fussy eater and although he is not underweight he hardly eats and relies on formula to fill him up.

Well yesterday evening after cooking another dinner for 2 hours only to have him shake his head and turn it down, I decided i'd had enough and switched him to cows milk.

He usually has 2 bottles during the night still but I gave him cows milk at 3am yesterday ad he spat it out and screamed the place down for formula. I refused to give him it cause if he was that hungry he would drink the cows milk.

He stood up in his cot and threw the bottle of milk out whilst having a tantrum. I ignored him and 5 mins later he fell asleep without anything.

He woke up this morning at 7.30 and I tried him on weetabix. He refused it. So I gave him 2 baby yoghurts and he ate them. I then tried to give him some cows milk and he just keeps refusing it.

Even though its stressful i'm going to keep going cause he's supposed to be on cows milk from one (which is monday) and he's just not eating solids cause the formula is filling him up.

Has anyone else had a problem with putting their child on cows milk? Layla took to it straightaway. I've tried it cold and warm with no success.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Joseph was like that at first, I did formula and milk for a week till I only gave him just milk, he rarely drank itbut I kept giving it to him, thank goodness for wic lol. Now he drinks it no problem.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I did not have a problem with giving my son milk. I had more of a problem trying to get him to eat.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Sorry becks, you know my problem. Trying to get trey to .S.T.O.P eating and drinking. Confused He had no probs switching over. I switched him at about 10 months. He reccomended age here is 9 months.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Becks - soften the blow hunni.
Make up formula as normal then spilt it into 2 halfs and add half milk to make it up to his usual size bottle.

So if he normally has say 6oz formula put 3oz of made up formula and 3oz of cows milk.

Do that for maybe a week then change it to 1/4 formula (ie 1.5oz formula/4.5oz cows milk), then go onto plain cows milk.

Also there is no such thing as "supposed to be on cows milk at one year old" - it's that they shouldn't have it before one year old. Wink
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I think the idea of half & half to start and then gradually decreasing the amount of formula is a good one. If ya can't beat 'em, trick 'em! It's only just dawned on me that mothers have to be master strategists... Confused

This is kind of scaring me when I think that this may be in my near future...Ah well.

Jess, in canada they recommend cows milk before 1 year?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
tigresacanela24 wrote:
i think the idea of half & half to start and then gradually decreasing the amount of formula is a good one. If ya can't beat 'em, trick 'em! It's only just dawned on me that mothers have to be master strategists... Confused

This is kind of scaring me when I think that this may be in my near future...Ah well.

Jess, in canada they recommend cows milk before 1 year?

i did the half and half thing for like a week.

And ya, they say between 9-12 months. Trey had been eating yogurt and cheese and stuff since six months with no probs so I switched. I was spending 80$ a week on formula!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
[quote="lil_blaze2004i did the half and half thing for like a week.

And ya, they say between 9-12 months. Trey had been eating yogurt and cheese and stuff since six months with no probs so I switched. I was spending 80$ a week on formula!![/quote]

wow! Shocked $80 a freaking week! Insane! We spend about $100 to $125 a month and that's taxing the heck out of us...
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
He would go through 2 cases a week. He was drinking 6-8oz every hour by 2 weeks old. After I breastfed!!!!! Shocked Shocked he was a beast!!!! Lol

he still loooooves his food but he's not obese at all. Chunky yes, thick yes, obese no. Lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
tigresacanela24 wrote:
i think the idea of half & half to start and then gradually decreasing the amount of formula is a good one.

yup definately! Im surprised some people dont think of that themselves. Its natural not to like something new, and pretty cruel imo to switch a baby's milk straight away like that. Better to do it gradually like tigres said.
|

Extremely eHealthy
allie_18 wrote:
tigresacanela24 wrote:
i think the idea of half & half to start and then gradually decreasing the amount of formula is a good one.

yup definately! Im surprised some people dont think of that themselves. Its natural not to like something new, and pretty cruel imo to switch a baby's milk straight away like that. Better to do it gradually like tigres said.

i think 'cruel' is a bit harsh allie! Laughing

my son took to moo juice straight away but my friend's daughter was having none of it. My fiend did the half and half thing and now she will drink it in the morning but still no joy at night.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
allie_18 wrote:
im surprised some people dont think of that themselves.
what are you implying here? Because it certainly looks like you are putting becky down. At least she knows when her kids were born!
Quote:
pretty cruel imo to switch a baby's milk straight away like that.
pretty cruel to smack a baby upside the head too, didn't stop you though did it?

------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------

purestgreen wrote:
moo juice

lmao I love it.
Wait til steve get's home lol
he always grabs a drink (he hates milk) on the way in and asks me if I want one too (and what I want if I say yes) and brings it through on his way from the front door to the office.
Tonight i'll say yes and ask for a glass of moo juice Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
|

Extremely eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
purestgreen wrote:
moo juice

lmao I love it.

Wait til steve get's home lol
he always grabs a drink (he hates milk) on the way in and asks me if I want one too (and what I want if I say yes) and brings it through on his way from the front door to the office.

Tonight i'll say yes and ask for a glass of moo juice Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

lemme know what he says! Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
lmao i'm loving you to death right now kia.

Smile
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
dalicialovesyou wrote:

Smile
it'll pass, you'll hate me again someday Laughing that's why I love you Razz
|

Extremely eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
dalicialovesyou wrote:

Smile
it'll pass, you'll hate me again someday Laughing that's why I love you Razz

i get mad at you sometimes but I don't .H.A.T.E. You.

If I didn't get mad at you so much I wouldn't love you, that's just how it is.

Smile and what, allie couldnt remember her own kids birthdate? Like I said...Invisible lucas.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
dalicialovesyou wrote:
if I didn't get mad at you so much I wouldn't love you, that's just how it is.

now, I could never have worked the words to say that right, but you hit the nail on the head!
|

Extremely eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
dalicialovesyou wrote:
if I didn't get mad at you so much I wouldn't love you, that's just how it is.

now, I could never have worked the words to say that right, but you hit the nail on the head!

lmao.

Dude....Brayden is driving me nuts for real...I don't know what his problem is today but he's being such a big baby. Shocked
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....