Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Finally Shes Here...(same As Preg)

I said i'd never post on here again because some ppl were very rude to me, but some of you I really liked (kristina, kia, allie) so I thought i'd atleast come back and share my labor story...

It all started tuesday, jan 2. I had an 8am, 38 wk doctor's appointment. My boyfriend and I woke up that morning, took showers, and headed off to the doctor's office. We got there, the nurse prac checked the baby's heartbeat and of course everything sounded fine. This was the second time she had checked my cervix and told me I was 3-4 cm dilated and 80 percent effaced already. She told me if I wanted, I could go ahead and be induced the next day. I never wanted to be induced, but I was absolutely miserable and I figured it would be alright since I was obviously almost ready anyway. So, she went and called the hospital and they said they could get me in at 7am the next morning. We went back home, got something to eat, and went back to bed cuz we knew we'd need the rest for the next day. I woke up around 12:45pm and went to the bathroom. When I sat down and started to pee, I felt a little lump come out. So I looked down in the toilet and saw a really small little hunk of blood. I wiped and it was kind of an orange-y pinkish color. Im assuming that was my mucus plug. It didnt worry me since the blood was very, very light and pinkish and I didnt bleed anymore after I wiped. So I went back to bed and we got up around 3pm. Around 5pm we woke up and went to another town about 45 min away where my boyfriend lives cuz he had to pick up some more clothes and go to the bank and a few other things. We did all that and went over to his place for a little bit and his twin sis came over and talked for awhile, then we had to go to walmart. I figured since I was getting induced, I wanted a big nice meal before midnight lol so we went to cracker barrel (one of my fav restaurants!) and ate. We got back to my house around 9pm. Somewhere around 10:30pm I decided i'd take a bath before bed. I went to sit down on the toilet to pee before I got in the shower and how convient..My water broke as soon as I sat down. I asked my boyfriend if he thought we should go ahead to the hospital and he asked me if I was hurting at all...And I wasnt so we decided that maybe I could wait til morning since I was getting induced anyway. I had had a back ache earlier that day, so instead of taking a shower, I ran some bathwater and sat down in the tub. No longer than I sat down, I started having a contraction. So I told my boyfriend so he could keep time of every contraction so we'd know when it was time to go to the hospital. It only lasted for about 15 seconds and went away. At that point, around 11pm, my contractions were coming every 15-20 minutes. My doctor kept stressing how long my labor would be since it was my first pregnancy and because of my age and blah blah blah so he told me to wait until my contractions were 3-4 min apart to come to the hospital bc it was supposedly going to take forever for me to dialate. Around 12:30 am, jan 3, my contractions started coming around 3-4 minutes apart, lasting for atleast a minute to a minute & 1/2. I had all back labor and never felt anything in my belly. The pain was completely unbareable so I told kris (my boyfriend) to call the hospital and see what we should do. By the time he got off the phone with them telling him to bring me in, the pain was so bad that I was screaming. He and my mom were running around the house getting their clothes on and trying to get the bags in the car. By then, my contractions were coming every 2 minutes. We still had to make it to the hospital which was 45 minutes away. That was the longest, most painful car ride of my entire life..It seems like I felt every single bump in the road. We finally got there around 1:10am. They checked me as soon as I got there and I was 6cm and 100 percent effaced. They started an iv and drawled my blood so I could get an epidural. Shortly after kris and I got there, my mom and step-dad showed up. I layed in the bed in agony for a little over an hour when they came back and checked me again. I was 8cm. A few minutes after that, I finally got my epidural. It worked immediately. What a relief! Then they put in a cathedur bc I felt like I was gonna pee all over myself right before they numbed me up and they didnt want me peeing all over the bed lol. I layed there for about an hour after the epidural and they came to check me again. I was 9 & 1/2cm dialated and the nurse told me I could probably push thru the little bit of cervix I had left. So I pushed thru two contractions and I was fully dialated. The nurse got everything set up and called my doctor. I pushed for 45 minutes...Finally, .Sydney .Keegan was born at 5:10 am, jan 3rd. My labor went so fast that my doctor didnt even make it in time. My nurse ended up delivering my daughter. The doctor walked in about 3 minutes after she was born. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and was 19 inches long. She was born wednesday and we got to go home friday morning. Shes absolutely perfect and im soooo happy to have her out of me...Being pregnant was getting miserable!

***sorry so long!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2007
Supporter
Wow that storey is so close to mine.. My hospital was only 15 mins away so it wasnt as bad, I went in at 11 got sent home, went in at 2am had him at 8:15 at night, pushed for just under a hour, I felt every bumb in the road and it hurt.. I would say more but u know... Its been 2 months!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wow what a long story...She was just a little bigger than amelia...Amelia as 6 lbs 10 oz and 18 inches long.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats, any pics?
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....