Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Dopamine Haldol Schizophrenia Amphetamines Cocaine Ritalin

Hi, I was given the strongest dose of a major tranqulizer, haldol 200 mg, the decanoate one, I used to be happy, now I feel bad all the time, I know this drug blocks a dopamine 2 receptor and makes permanent damage to a body and mind.

I've been seeking help since the drug was injected to me in june, 06 more than 6 months ago, the dopamine 2 receptors of my brain have been blocked and they still haven't returned to normal since I feel like the very first days I was injected with the drug.

I would like to know if amphetamines, cocaine or ritalin would work on a dopamine 2 receptor that is blocked by haldol, would they actually unblock it (how?) and boost it as they would do on a normal dopamine 2 receptar that ain't blocked?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper drunkelf
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
I Belive Im On The Same Shot It Was 5mg Though And I Feel Tranquzlied Like A Zombie Its Been 4 Days
|

replied July 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Drukelf are you better now?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....