Hi everyone! So step one was deciding to conceive the second step is finding insurance. My question is I can't find insurance that will cover me right away, they all say you have to be covered for nine months. Does anyone have any advice? I would like to have a baby before I am 30. I know that might not happen but I would like to be able to try. Any advice would be great. Thank's, liz
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I definitely think you are right that insurance is important, but i'm not sure of a quick fix. Your employer and your partner's employer probably have a limited number of options. There may be insurance plans that don't have a waiting period. If you are considering a federal government job, look at this place for the insurance options in your area: http://www.Opm.Gov/insure/07/planinfo.Asp. I think the pre-existing conditions clause is favorable for fehb plans.
|

replied January 9th, 2007
Thank's
Thanks for the webb site. I have decided to change jobs, because the window for insurance does not open until june. I do not want to wait because I think I will need fertility help. This is frustrating I hope things start moving fast.
Does anyone know if it is true that you should try to have at least one child before you are 30 to lower you risks of getting cancer. I have so many questions that I don't know were to start. In time I geuss. Thanks for everyone's help.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....