My period was regular before I started taking desogen than for the first 3 months it started in the middle of the sugar pills but now before I am even getting into the sugar pills i'm feeling the effects of pms so maybe it will go back to normal like my period will start on the first day of my sugar pills ... Is this normal?

Thanks ladies
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2007
Community Volunteer
It doesn't really matter where in your pills your period starts, so long as you stick to a proper pill schedule.
Ie you take them on time everyday.
|

Which I am and have been, I just thought it was weird but thanks for the advice
|

Extremely eHealthy
A womans period can start anytime during the placebo week..

Your period on birth control is simply a 'withdrawal bleed', your body says "oh, no, hormones are gone, so it is time to bleed!"

so, basically what I am saying is that your period starts when it starts based out how quickly your body registers the hormone drop.
|

But she is still on her hormonal pill shes just is showing the effects of pms and she has 5 more hormonal pills till she starts the sugar pills .. Thats why its just weird that why I ask she was wondering to but thanks again for the quick responce
|

Extremely eHealthy
Pms happens before your period, that is why it is called 'pre-menstrual syndrome.

Pms is not bleeding, it is the symptoms of menstrualc ramos, mood chnages, and bloating that happen before you bleed.

Do you mean pms or bleeding??
|

replied January 6th, 2007
I meant pms sorry for the confusion
|

replied January 11th, 2007
I use to take alesse 28 and I would always have my peroid while on my sugar pills. I never took them but I would always know when I was on it..It would be the saturday after I finnished my pill which would be a tuesday so on the 5th sugar pill I would start my peroid.But usually the week before hand I get my symptoms of pms. Cranky..Cry alot..The usual..Ive changed my pill but its still the same..I guess it just how your body works
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...