Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Going Insane! (Page 1)

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Ok so my son is 5 weeks going on 6. He has been driving me insane eating only 3 oz every 2 hours...He falls asleep while drinking and once in a while he will decide to nap for 3 hours in the afternoon....The only time he doesnt cry is when he is on someones shoulder...If I put him in his crib alone awake , he will ball....If I out him in his swing he will ball....What am I doing wrong ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2007
Supporter
Nothin, sounds like ur baby is colicy
|

Extremely eHealthy
oh_mommy wrote:
nothin, sounds like ur baby is colicy

yeah youre not the 1st to tell me that....Isnt colic associated with gas?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I dont think you are doing anything wrong. One of my babies was like that all she wanted to do was cry but now that we got her formula changed again she does not cry unless hungry or sleepy. Maybe you can ask his dr to check him over to make sure everything is ok
|

Especially eHealthy
.Nancy try switching him to a soy formula... Maybe similac .Isomil .Advance... Its just for babies like that. Hes prolly lactose intolerant.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Layla did that for months and I tried everything. She was up every hour. She was like it for a few months but I think she was just n extreme case.

Try gripe water it might work for your baby
|

Extremely eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:
.Nancy try switching him to a soy formula... Maybe similac .Isomil .Advance... Its just for babies like that. Hes prolly lactose intolerant.

yeah probably....Right now he drinks nestle good start..At the hospital he was drinking enfalim and seemed to sleep more but then again he was drugged .......Ill try changing it after this case I just bought.

Ive have tried gripe water too and doesnt do much ......
|

Extremely eHealthy
There wasn't anything wrong with amelia and shw was like that for about 3 weeks....Then got comfortable.....I got to where she would stay down for abotu 20-30 mins before she would cry...And that was very good for me....I was very happy with her. Now we are great...We make a great pair....If we didnt' it probibly would scare me out of another. Lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
I could not imagine to have to buy a case of formula. Thank goodness for wic
|

Extremely eHealthy
chase4 wrote:
i could not imagine to have to buy a case of formula. Thank goodness for wic

well, I cant imagine paying for healthcare ..Thank goodness for free medical! Lol
|

Experienced User
emma2 wrote:
chase4 wrote:
i could not imagine to have to buy a case of formula. Thank goodness for wic

well, I cant imagine paying for healthcare ..Thank goodness for free medical! Lol

Shocked both of you are lucky, I pay for both formula and health care and everything else for that matter.....Nothing is "free" over here.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Same here foxy Shocked
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Nancy, nestle is the worst!! It was the only formula that made trey gassy and spit up. I had 2 docs tell me not to use it.

Switch him to something else!

How's he feeling??
|

Extremely eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
nancy, nestle is the worst!! It was the only formula that made trey gassy and spit up. I had 2 docs tell me not to use it.

Switch him to something else!

How's he feeling??

really I always heard its the best milk....I guess I will really need to change...How about enfamil?

Hes doing better however that stupid yeast infection in his mouth is still there despite the liquid the Dr. From the clsc gave me... His mouth smells and I think its causing him some discomfort and isnt drinking as much......But I will look inot changing his formula..

Foxy, yeah our medical is covered 100% the only thing we pay for are for meds and even at that the gov covers a good portion of it..
|

Especially eHealthy
emma2 wrote:
how about enfamil?

we were using enfamil and finn was throwing up his entire bottle pretty much every time he ate. Then we switched to generic enfamil (like the kind you get at walmart or sam's club, we get ours at bj's) and he hasn't thrown up since and it's *so* much cheaper. They can't be too different but something about the actual enfamil didn't agree with him.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I get free medical too.. First year no question asked after that we will have to get it ourselfs cause hubby makes too much. Emma I am glad he is doing better. Yeah that thrush is hard to get rid of
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Chu wouldn't even drink enfamil or good start. I had gotten a bunch of free cans of both in the mail...
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Trey was on similac after I stopped brestfeeding and I think he spat up a total of 4 times in his life.
|

Especially eHealthy
I had my daughter on every different kind of formula there was. Nothing worked. Then, it dawned on me, maybe I should just quit changing her formula!

That didn't work either. But I guess I learned to live with it. She cried in the evenings between 4-9pm. Every night for months.

Maybe he is going through a growing spurt. Now that my daughter is older, she tells me her bones hurt and she sometimes cries about it. This comes during the same general time she is eating more.

Just a thought. Good luck with whatever you try and whatever works for you!
|

User Profile
Supporter
My boys were on similac advanced after I stopped breastfeeding. I never had any problems.
|