User Profile
posting pics
ok once the pics are on your pc, go to www.Imagecave.Com and make a free account.
Once you fill in your username, password, email and country it will offer you some advertising - click "no thanks" in the top right (unless you go for that stuff lol).
Next page you log in with the details you just registered (yup - it's that quick)
bear with me because I have never used imagecave so I am making an account as I type, so I can give you the walkthrough Wink
next click "create album" in the bottom left.
You can't use spaces here, so something like album_1 for example.
Then click "add pictures to this album".
It will give you a page with "buttons" saying "browse".
Click the top "browse" and up will pop a "dialogue box" (i'm assuming you're a windows user at this point because I have no idea about macs i'm afraid lol).
The dialogue box is like windows explorer - you navigate to where your required pic is - for example - c:/my documents/my pictures/belly/belly_01.Jpg
you can fill each line with images (ie you can upload more than one at a time).
Once you have either filled the list or entered as many as you want, then click "upload pictures" just below the last "browse".
If all goes well, you get a page telling you that you have uploaded "x files"
click on the link to view your album (or upload more picturs if you wish).
When you view your album it gives you 4 lines of code next to each image.
Copy the "ezcode" and paste it into your message on here.
Below each image you also have the option to "modify image".
This will let you resize large images.
A good size for forums is to not have the longest side any bigger than 400-450.
Leave the "maintain aspect ratio" and "compression" as default.
Click "create new jpg image".
This will be added to your album and leave the original untouched.
Again just copy the ezcode from next to any image you wish to use.

------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

lol avatars are funny things.

100x100pixels and no more than 6kb Shocked in other words a postage stamp lol
actually I think ehealth is generous and gives quite a large kb size allowance. Yup, just checked 26kb - that's generous.
In most instances if you want to use a photo as an avatar you are going to need to use some form of graphic program to "crop" the image (remove non essential parts of the image) and then "resize" the image and "compress" it.
Ok that sounds scary.
I'm willing to crop/resize and compress pretty much anything - i'm a graphics addict lol and am familiar with stuff like paint shop and photo shop.
If the image you want to use for your avatar is in your imagecave then you can copy the "html" code from next to the required image and paste it into the "upload avatar from url" space under "my settings" on here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2008
Experienced User
DO'OH! My PC won't allow 6kb's Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
Pixel and image size have been updated.

* The image can be a JPG, GIF, or PNG image.
* The image cannot be larger than 200x200 (width X height)
* The image size cannot exceed 157KB

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
So, here's a re-cap:

How do I post a picture?
There is no current protocol for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore, you must create a link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-pictu re.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server), nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image, use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML.

1. Create a free account with www.Imagecave.Com or another publicly-accessible, picture hosting web server.
2. Create an album.
3. Add pictures to the album.
4. Upload pictures.
5. Modify picture size to ____ by _____ pixels.
6. Copy the "ezcode" from the picture and paste it into your post.