My husband and I are currently ttc. I stopped taking my bc pills over the summer, and had 4 normal periods at first, but these last 3 periods have been strange. The first one was way shorter and lighter than normal (only 2 days long and never reached a heavy flow) but I just sorta dismissed that one. Then the next two have been virtually non-existant (pretty much just spotting) and have been brown, which has never happened to me before. My mother and aunt said they had this brown spotting thing going on during thier first pregnancy, but they had positive hpts. I have taken several hpts and they are all negative (not even a little faint line; trust me, I looked really hard). My breasts have gotten bigger, my nipples hurt every now and then, i'm feeling finicky towards certain foods but then hungry in the middle of the night (which I never am), so I could have swore I was pregnant, but now i'm worried that maybe I have some kind of hormonal imbalance going on. I just feel so confused inside right now b/c I don't now what to think; I don't know what's going on. Either way i'm making a doctor's appt today, but I might not get in for another month. Any thoughts on my situtation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2007
Experienced User
I can't answer your question littlebee but I can tell you what happened to me. I stopped my pill in november, had a period 4 days after then I thought that would be when I would be due in dec which was the 13th but it never came I did tests but they were neg but I had sore nipples too I even went to the doc's and he said that I could'nt get pregnant that soon and told me to test a few days later, any how I did'nt 'cause I did'nt want it 2 be a neg and on christmas day I had to keep peeing and I felt like I had pains like period pains and thought great. Then after christmas I did a test in the morning and a test at lunch time and they were both postive!! So the same could be happening to you, let me know how you get on and lots of ~*~*baby dust~*~* to you I have my fingers crossed.
|

replied January 5th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi!!! Not much you can do right now.....You've taken the right steps though. You've taken your hpt's and called for an app't at your doc's office. It sounds like you could be pregnant, and it may not be showing up. Some women early on in pregnancy do not have anough of the hcg hormone (for some reason?) for it too show up on a hpt test. Your doctor will most likely send you for a blood hcg test, at which point they will be able to give you a definate answer.
Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!
Baby dust to you! Wink
|

replied January 10th, 2007
Just wanted to let you know that I got a doc appt for jan 17th (much quicker than I expected!), so I will give everyone an update on my situation then.
|

replied January 10th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, do update us!!! Good luck and sending you lots of baby dust your way right now!!!!!! Wink
|

replied January 17th, 2007
I went to my doc appt today. She said i'm not pregnant, and she examined me and said everything otherwise looks fine. She did set me up to have my hormone levels checked, but I have to wait until I am on day 2 of my next cycle.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....