Hi I am new here but thought that this was a good place to get some answers that I am not getting from the doc. Lets start out with this: I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and just had an abnormal pap smear. This being my 4th child and never having an abnormal pap before, I was worried. Well the doc calls and said that I showed some signs of hpv virus. Well I had no clue what that was so I called up mom. She said that is what she had when she was pregnant with me and her doc said that the virus itself could pass to me. Well I took that info to my doc and they said that was wrong and her doc was not right. This doc that I see has already contradicted herself so many times I don't know what to believe or listen to. I am in need of some advice on which to listen to. I have been scheduled for colpo but I have no signs of warts nor does my husband. Thanks in advance for info.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2004
Experienced User
You may never have warts or show any symptoms this has become a very common thing ive read that it should be called an epidemic. Colposcopy is no big deal, they just need to keep close track of you now because it increases the risk of cervical cancer.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
I had that same problem when I was pregnant and I had to have a coloscopy also. It turned out to be absolutely nothing and I got all freaked out over it also. So maybe you could have contracted it when you were born? That is very possible if your mother had it when she was pregnant with you. It's very important to have them taken care of because it can be passed to child or cause difficulties with birth. But I wouldn't worry because the same exact thing happened to me. Keep me posted though..Im here to help if you need to talk.

~sara~
|

replied July 14th, 2009
Hello All, it's interesting discussions. What was the final result and how are you today? Did you find HPV positive afterall?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....