I had my period on the 7 november then on the 12th dec and then on the 29th dec, I been using the hormonal forcaster and it's telling me that I will ovulate the day after my period but I thought that this day you would be infertile and it's 14 days from the first day of your period you ovulate, just was wondering if I am right. So that means I will ovulate on the 12 jan also when is the best time to start trying to conceive should I wait till the 12th or try on the day before the 12th.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Re: Ideas Any1
dani123 wrote:
i had my period on the 7 november then on the 12th dec and then on the 29th dec, I been using the hormonal forcaster and it's telling me that I will ovulate the day after my period but I thought that this day you would be infertile and it's 14 days from the first day of your period you ovulate, just was wondering if I am right. So that means I will ovulate on the 12 jan also when is the best time to start trying to conceive should I wait till the 12th or try on the day before the 12th.

ovulation typically occurs 14 days before your period is due. Not 14 days after.

This is because your cycle may not be 28 days:
the likely approximate days for ovulation are:
28 day cycle - day 14
30 day cycle - day 16
36 day cyc;e - day 22
see 14 days before the next period is due.

Did you really have a period on dec 29th because that is what will have confused matters - you should have been ovulating then, not having your period.

Sperm can live inside the female for upto 5 days and the egg is "live" for upto about 36 hours after ovulation.

So your high fertile window is from 5 days before you ovulate.
If you wait until ovulation has happened - you may miss your chance that month.

How long is a typical cycle for you?
And remember not every woman ovulates when the text book says she should so you might be an early or late ovulator.

A clue that you are about to ovulate is when your vaginal discharge (cervical mucus) is wet and stringy - like raw eggwhite.
|

replied January 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Ideas Any1
kia_breizzze wrote:
dani123 wrote:
i had my period on the 7 november then on the 12th dec and then on the 29th dec, I been using the hormonal forcaster and it's telling me that I will ovulate the day after my period but I thought that this day you would be infertile and it's 14 days from the first day of your period you ovulate, just was wondering if I am right. So that means I will ovulate on the 12 jan also when is the best time to start trying to conceive should I wait till the 12th or try on the day before the 12th.

ovulation typically occurs 14 days before your period is due. Not 14 days after.

This is because your cycle may not be 28 days:
the likely approximate days for ovulation are:
28 day cycle - day 14
30 day cycle - day 16
36 day cyc;e - day 22
see 14 days before the next period is due.

Did you really have a period on dec 29th because that is what will have confused matters - you should have been ovulating then, not having your period.

Sperm can live inside the female for upto 5 days and the egg is "live" for upto about 36 hours after ovulation.

So your high fertile window is from 5 days before you ovulate.

If you wait until ovulation has happened - you may miss your chance that month.

How long is a typical cycle for you?

And remember not every woman ovulates when the text book says she should so you might be an early or late ovulator.

A clue that you are about to ovulate is when your vaginal discharge (cervical mucus) is wet and stringy - like raw eggwhite.

my periods varies to 26 to 24 days I usually receive it earlier than later but
i will keep an eye for this mucus but could I still ovulate with my period.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....