Well I havent been on here for about 2 weeks, cuz I was on x-mas break!! Hope all of you had a good christmas, and a funn new years.

I had asked you guys a question before about my birth control, and becuase I had missed so many, if I should stop the pills or catch up.

Well I caught up on my pills, and I was due to get my period on december 27th. Well instead I started about 5 days early (around the 21st or 22nd), it lasted for 7 days...(im usually only on it for maybe 4). Also I never had any actual blood, it was only really really dark brown almost black looking disgharge...And I could wear a panty liner all day and not have to change it.

Do you think its from missing pills during my pack, or could it be something else..???

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, throughout the month of december, as I have said before...

Any replys are appreciated....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2007
Community Volunteer
As before with the number of pills you missed and the fact you had unprotected sex it could be anything.
Yes, even pregnancy.

Have you taken a pregnancy test to find out?

If you are not pregnant do you think birth control pills are a good idea for you? Maybe if you have problems keeping track of taking pills you would be better with something like the nuva ring or patch?
|

Experienced User
kia_breizzze wrote:
as before with the number of pills you missed and the fact you had unprotected sex it could be anything.

Yes, even pregnancy.

If you are not pregnant do you think birth control pills are a good idea for you? Maybe if you have problems keeping track of taking pills you would be better with something like the nuva ring or patch?

no I havent taken a test or anything...Becuase I feel fine, like no symptoms or anything, I was just wondering.

Also I am due to go back this month or next month to my gyno for my yearly check up, and im going to talk to her about switching birth controls. So I am already working on that part.

Thanks
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
With so many missed pills it'd be a good idea to take a test just incase.

Better the devil you know...

Good idea to make an appt to dicuss other tpyes of b/c - the pill isn't for everyone.
|

Especially eHealthy
tiamarie819 wrote:
kia_breizzze wrote:
as before with the number of pills you missed and the fact you had unprotected sex it could be anything.

Yes, even pregnancy.

no I havent taken a test or anything...Becuase I feel fine, like no symptoms or anything, I was just wondering.

Also I am due to go back this month or next month to my gyno for my yearly check up, and im going to talk to her about switching birth controls. So I am already working on that part.

Thanks

not everyone gets symptoms. You can be pregnant missing so many pills and not have a single symptom.

Take a test, then you'll know.

Some people aren't scheduled enough to take the pill. There are other options. Until you get a consistent method of birth control, use back up protection. Like condoms.
|

Experienced User
I have a left over test from the past, so maybe I will do it when ever I get a chance. Thanks for the replies, im trying to find out as much information as possible about other forms of birth control.
|

Experienced User
I've never heard of black discharge being a symptom of pregnancy.

When you have your period the dark brown discharge is blood, it's just old blood. So the bright red blood that you get toward the end of your period is no more real than the dark brown stuff, it is just newer.

This may sound gross, but did you notice a different smell? Menstrual blood has got a very distinct smell from other discharge or pregnancy bleeding. When you bleed during pregnancy it should never be the dark brown (old blood) because that is what is providing nutrients to the baby. Bleeding during pregnancy is usually red, and as I mentioned earlier, should smell completely different from menstrual blood... Almost like blood that's alive ( a lot of research says that period like bleeding during pregnancy is a tear that repairs itself and allows the pregnancy to continue).

However, if you had properly timed unprotected sex anything is possible. It is completely possible to have a symptom free pregnancy.

Either way, you should get your butt to a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Actually it is very possible to have light spotting around the time of implantation.
Because the spotting is often light it may not be expelled from the uterus right away and hence by the time it is - it maybe dark brown or blackish, and maybe mixed with mucus making it look like a discharge.
|

Experienced User
It wasnt like a normal period for me. My periods always start on a wednesday and last untill saturday. This time it started 5 days early, and the discharge/period was never red like it usually is. From the first day I started it was dark brown, almost black. And it wasnt my normal flow either.

I usually have to wear a tampon everyday and change it at least 2 times. But this I could wear a thin panty liner, and not need to change it all day long.

There was a very strong smell, but I didnt think anything of it.

I just wondered if it could of been from missing & catching up on pills. Or there was something more serious I should be worried about.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
tiamarie819 wrote:

there was a very strong smell, but I didnt think anything of it.

I just wondered if it could of been from missing & catching up on pills. Or there was something more serious I should be worried about.

it could be an infection.Ur not really suppose to have a strong smell.
|

Experienced User
melissa_20 wrote:
tiamarie819 wrote:

there was a very strong smell, but I didnt think anything of it.

it could be an infection.Ur not really suppose to have a strong smell.

it smelled like "old blood". It wasn't some overpowering smell, sorry if I made it sound that way. It smelled just like "old blood".
|

Experienced User
But I have never passed "old blood" instead of having a normal period.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
tiamarie819 wrote:
but I have never passed "old blood" instead of having a normal period.
maybe you messed yourself up from not taking your pills properly? It happens
|

Experienced User
melissa_20 wrote:
tiamarie819 wrote:
but I have never passed "old blood" instead of having a normal period.
maybe you messed yourself up from not taking your pills properly? It happens

yea...Probably, i'm going to wait it out and see what happens this month with my period.

I just wanted to make sure there wasnt anything serious I should be worrying about.

Thanks
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
tiamarie819 wrote:
yea...Probably, i'm going to wait it out and see what happens this month with my period.

that's just silly.
You missed more than a few pills in the month of december and you had unprotected sex through out the month.
You are at risk of pregnancy and the sooner you find out the better.
Ignoring it will not make it go away.
|

Experienced User
kia_breizzze wrote:
tiamarie819 wrote:

that's just silly.

You missed more than a few pills in the month of december and you had unprotected sex through out the month.

You are at risk of pregnancy and the sooner you find out the better.

Ignoring it will not make it go away.

i didn't mean I am going to ignore it, I just thought I would wait and see if anything happened this month...Like if I miss my period of if I have a normal one (and it was just from missing pills).

But I have a hpt left over from a box I bought a few months ago, so this weekend ill take it and see what it says.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
tiamarie819 wrote:
i just thought I would wait and see if anything happened this month...Like if I miss my period.

that is ignoring it.
That is potentially a month of pregnancy in which you are continuing to take birth control pills and not have any prenatal care.
That is potentially a month less you would have to sort out how you will deal with the situation.

Pregnancy tests are accuarate from the day your period is due.
Pregnancy tests are not affected by birth control as they test for hcg which is only present if you are pregnant.

I know it may be scary and if you feel fine you'd probably rather not know, but the fact is december happened and your best way to deal with it is to be prepared.
|

Experienced User
Thanks kia...Ill take the test this weekend, and tell you guys how it comes out....
|

Experienced User
Thanks kia...Ill take the test this weekend, and tell you guys how it comes out....
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
tiamarie819 wrote:
thanks kia...Ill take the test this weekend, and tell you guys how it comes out....
good,cause bc can make your child have possible deformities.Tell us how it comes out!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...