User Profile
How do you know that your spleen is enlarged? The spleen can be visualized only with aan bdominal ultrasound scan. An enlarged spleen can also be detected on palpation but that is very difficult for overweight people. The spleen becomes enlarged in cases of systemic infections, tumors (lymphomas and leukemia), some types of anemia, liver cirrhosis etc. None of your pre-existing conditions could have typically caused an enlarged spleen (splenomegalia). Problems with your heart, however, may have caused the manifestation of the symtpoms you report .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2007
Uricinex
My first gout attack came about a year ago, and I tried dieting and exercising to treat it first, because I don't like having any more drugs in my system than are absolutely necessary. Having been unsuccessful in ridding myself of this ailment, I finally agreed to taking allopurinol while continuing the diet and exercise regimen. I still get attacks every month or so, which I treat with high doses of ibuprofen.

I'm concerned about all the drugs i'm now having to take, and I fear they may make things worse for me overall in the long run. I've looked for other suggestions online, and the uricinex herbal remedy keeps showing up everywhere I turn.

What can you tell me about this product that I can't read in their sales pitch?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gout , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.