Confused I am a new member here. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if it's normal for my glucose level to be low at 75 then after I eat something it goes to 226. In the same day? I only ate 1 tuna sandwich with a couple of cheetos, with water and an orange. I drank my meta/glucophage pill. How long will it take for my sugar level to go down? Did I eat to much or what. Is something going wrong with me or what? Sad please answer me if you might know anything about this. Thanks a lot.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2004
Hi
It is toatlly normal for diabetics to have that kind of range in sugars, especially after meals. The 225 was way too high after your meal, and I do think you had too many carbs in that meal for your meds to cover. If you have just started on oral meds, I understand they take awhile to nomalize your sugars, I am on insulin and it is much faster acting. Try to really low carb it in the beginning, your numbers will be much better if you do that. If you had normal white bread and that orange that would be enough to give me a spike even with insulin. The balance between the right amount of meds you take and the amount and kind of food you eat is a balancing act that you have to regulate yourself by trial and error, but I strongly urge you to follow a really low carb diet, especially in the beginning, if that doesn,t help perhaps your doctor will increase your medication. Good luck, sharon
|

replied April 9th, 2010
I have noticed I have been feeling lightheaded and nauseious a few hours after I eat. I checked my blood sugar about 2 hours after I ate and it was 152, I checked again an hour later and it was 107. Is that ok? I have dieted many times in my life and I have noticed I feel like this when I take the majority of sugar out of my diet. What would this mean?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
75mg/dl is normal blood sugar. Target of premeal blood sugar in diabetes mellitus is 72-126. You should consult dietician.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.