Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Child With Knee And Hip Pain

My 4 1/2 year old son has been complaining with knee and hip pain for more than a week now. We've seen the pediatrician and an orthopedist (not pediatric) but so far, no diagnosis. He can't sit on the floor or in the bathtub b/c it hurts his bottom. He also can't bend his knees very far and seems to have trouble climbing stairs (leg weakness). We are baffled. Any ideas before time to take him somewhere else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Has he fallen at all??? The only thing I could think of would be either dislocation or arthritis...But I don't see how someone that young would have arthritis. Maybe its just an inflamation also...Try some "icy hot" or something.

~sara~ but I would definately see an pediatric surgeon.

My grama is an nurse I just asked her she said possibly anemia...Lack of iron or hip dysplasia
|

replied May 24th, 2009
vomiting, not eating, right leg/hip pain
my son is 6 years old. He would not eat at all today. was limping complaining of right leg/hip pain. vomiting water all day and refused to eat all day. also slept all day. At 4am he woke up asking for something to eat. we gave him a cracker since he can't hold water or gatorade in his system. he complains of his head hurting. what could this be?? he threw up the motrin which was given to him to reduce his pain and fever. could this be a stomach virus?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....