User Profile
For about a month and a half now my lower right part of my belly hurts. The pain endures the whole day but it never woke me up during the night till now. I think that the last couple of days i have diarrhea, but this may be the result of my anxiety as i m about to travel abroad in 2 days and i m afraid a little bit. Apart from the pain the last 3 or 4 days i feel nausea but i havent puked so far. I noticed no blood or glair in my feces. My belly is soft to tuch and there is no clump when you touch the spot where i feel the pain. Also i noticed that as the time passes i feel more pain.

I took blood tests that have showned only a blant anaemia [Ht=36 (37-47)] and CRP was negative . In addition i took an abdominal and pelvic CT scan that have showned only partial fattening of my small intestine.

I d like to ask what that could be. A doctor told me that it could be resulted from the appendectomy i had at the same area or maybe it is caused of psychological reasons. Me, i m very concerned and i d like to know all the possibilities and whether i should go to another doctor or just let it go. I m worried about cancer but my young age and the absence of colon cancer in my family reduces the possibility.

Thank you in advance

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2007
Intestinal Disorders Answer A2087
According to the symptoms you describe (pain in the lower right quadrant, diarrhea, and nausea) and your medical history, one very common condition is out of the question: It doesn't seem likely that you have appendicitis because the appendix was removed 8 years ago. With all diagnostic tests negative, I can’t speculate about any disease. I can only suggest you to request an abdominal ultrasound to confirm or exclude a kidney stone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Intestinal Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.