Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Help I Am Pregnant And I Just Found Out My Bf Is Bipolar

I'm scared because this is my first child. I am a first time mom and on top of it I am afraid my child will be bipolar too. Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks
jessika
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You might want to try the bipolar forums as well since they will know more about the symptoms and whether or not their is a high chance of your baby inheriting it.

Good luck with your pregnancy!
|

replied April 12th, 2009
There is a real chance of that child being bipolar. Here is the thing, I have a 5 year old that is acting like a complete butthole. he is acting just like I did when I was little. I am bipolar and I passed it to all of my kids like my parents passed it to me.
It all depends on what will set off the issues. Just learn what the signs are and be prepared for the just incase. It is not as bad as it sounds when they are little. It only becomes a pain in the butt when they become teenagers.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...