User Profile
Hey...I'm 14 and i've been cutting for about 2 years...The only reason I still do it is it feels good and I don't know what but I love how it feels but i'm trying to stop now...At first it started with my finger nails then progressed to paper clips, then safety pins(not so safe are they), and now pocket knifes. This is my first year in high school and I met my savior. He is my best friend and shall remain nameless...About a month ago I told him about my cutting... He hasn't treated me different since but hates that I do it... This year I asked him what he wanted for christmas and he told me that he wanted me to stop...So this year for christmas any time I get the feeling that I want to do it I call him... Any time of day or night he is there for me... I also use the rubber band trick which really does help... Most of the time it is just my step parents and regular parents that make me do it...But yea my bff is my angel for heaven....I love him more than I have ever loved anybody and I don't know what I would do with out him because I haven't cut in about 3 weeks...And although I have not done it for some time I will always be a cutter and I know that and I am okay with that its just the fact that I now know that someone cares enough about me that they want me to stop...If anybody else wants some one to talk to please know that I am here to pm...I've gone through it and still am and it will be a life long battle but I am willing to fight it and I hope all of you are to...Much...Love...P.S. Writing and drawing when I get the urge helps to for any of you artistic ones out there reading this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2006
Re: Cutting
poetry_writter wrote:
hey...I'm 14 and i've been cutting for about 2 years...The only reason I still do it is it feels good and I don't know what but I love how it feels but i'm trying to stop now...At first it started with my finger nails then progressed to paper clips, then safety pins(not so safe are they), and now pocket knifes. This is my first year in high school and I met my savior. He is my best friend and shall remain nameless...About a month ago I told him about my cutting... He hasn't treated me different since but hates that I do it... This year I asked him what he wanted for christmas and he told me that he wanted me to stop...So this year for christmas any time I get the feeling that I want to do it I call him... Any time of day or night he is there for me... I also use the rubber band trick which really does help... Most of the time it is just my step parents and regular parents that make me do it...But yea my bff is my angel for heaven....I love him more than I have ever loved anybody and I don't know what I would do with out him because I haven't cut in about 3 weeks...And although I have not done it for some time I will always be a cutter and I know that and I am okay with that its just the fact that I now know that someone cares enough about me that they want me to stop...If anybody else wants some one to talk to please know that I am here to pm...I've gone through it and still am and it will be a life long battle but I am willing to fight it and I hope all of you are to...Much...Love...P.S. Writing and drawing when I get the urge helps to for any of you artistic ones out there reading this
i love you baby
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2007
I love you to
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2007
Im a Cutter Too
Yeah im a cutter too...Its a hard thing for me to talk about with people.... Sad break dance not haerts
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Break dance not hearts...That is just awsome.

Well let me introduce myself on this post. Im 24, have been though the trials with bipolar and major depression. I've been able to come to tearms with myself and I am constantly working on these things. One thing that I used to do was cut. I would burn myself or cut myself deep enough to where I would have to have medical attention. I know that I cut becuase it did feel good. I was able to control the amount of pain by the amount of preshure I would put on the knife. Cutting is not good and it has ntohing 2 do with anyone eles. I now have scars that I really dont like. I decyded to cut open my stomach when I was 16 and that really really hurt me for the long run. I now have a horrid scar across my torso that alwasy itches and its very very irritating.

All in all cutting is not good for you becuase its your body!!!

All we have is our body and minds..We control what goes on there and what happens to it. We might have chemical imbalances or serious mood problems but its our body! Treat it nice, be good to it. Thats my only reason for not cutting. Not becuase it worried everyone aroudn me or becuase I "should" have died a few times...But because when I stare at myself in the mirror...Regardless of my imperfections (we are human duu) but im happy...I love myself and it takes time to build that.

We are all beautiful.
|
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....