User Profile
Now I believe that christmas is all about family so I invited neil to my mum's house for christmas day.... And now i'm starting to regret it. The last few weeks he has acting horrible towards me. He .A.L.W.A.Y.S has an attitude when he speaks to me. He ignores my calls and texts even though I only text him when it's something important or to do with the kids.

He told me his new years resolution is to be divorced from me asap and he is always making smart a$$ comments about .Robbie even though he has 4 women on the go himself and i've never commented on them.

I'm just thinking that christmas day is going to be awful with him there. My best friend and mum hate his guts and they are going to be there. It will probably all esculate into an argument.

He is taking the kids to his mums house from 5pm so i'm thinking of just telling him he can't come for dinner and taking the kids to his house at 5pm (they are staying over for 2 nights anyway)

what do you girls think? I feel bad cause it's christmas but I don't want a fight in front of the kids on christmas day.... Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I don't think it's appropriate for him to come to your family function. He's not really a member of it anymore, is he? He can take the kids to his family's, but should not come to yours. He definitely shouldn't come if he can't control his mouth or attitude, anyway. No one needs to be exposed to that around such a happy time.

If it were me and he said something smarty in my presence, he'd get popped in the mouth and told off. But .I'm .American, so... Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Lmao! Thanks. That's how I was feeling anyway. I try to bite my tongue for the kids sake but there is only so much someone can take Evil or Very Mad
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I agree with laura, I don't think it appropriate for him to come to your family function either.

Sure, take the kids over to him later in the day but keep your part of the day for you and your family.

Sorry, I don't really know how to explain but to me it's just this huge no-no.
|

Experienced User
Re: Christmas Dilemma
I agree with everyone, take back your invitation....

Your mom and best friend hate him and he has been quite sh!Tty to you. It will ruin your whole day, as well as everyone else's, because it is going to be awkward and tense.....And then he may say something really stupid/mean.

beckster06 wrote:
now I believe that christmas is all about family so I invited neil to my mum's house for christmas day....

What do you girls think? I feel bad cause it's christmas but I don't want a fight in front of the kids on christmas day.... Sad

you have such a good, kind heart.....But he is not your family anymore and he is not being a nice person right now. I know he is the kids father and you want them to have him there....But kids are very observant and they are probably going to feel the tension as well.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm going to have to jump on the wagon with this one. He is not family and does not belong at your family's function. To avoid unnecessary unpleasantness drop the kids off at the prearranged time and avoid contact with him.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree, dont think you should invite him.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Would he actually dare to treat you badly in front of your family?

I would tell him you changed your mind and offer him to take the kids at a time that works for you. Christmas is for family and anyone who would be nasty to you shouldn't be included in that kind of joy.

I don't know you, but you seem to be very kind. In one of your posts you said that you were buying him a gift. I thought that was a really nice thing to do. I always had my girl color her dad a pic or make him a gift, but I never would have spent my money on him.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I dont' think that you should have invited him in the first place. It makes you look needy and you aren't . I think that you should take back the invite because it sounds that with his attitude that he will ruin christmas anyway. He isn't family anymore. He has made that clear.

Have a great christmas without him and have a good two nights off without him. That is what I would do.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree with everyone else, definitely take back the invitation. He will only ruin the day and your kids deserve better, not to mention you! Confused
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You just have too kind of a heart and I can understand that you might have wanted him there at that time for your kids but this is your .Christmas and your family and you should enjoy the day, I agree with the others, I would un-invite him too! Just my opinion too. Your kids can be with their .Dad later.
|