Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Nausea in public: social anxiety or gastric disorder?

User Profile
For the last 3 years I have had a constant nausea feeling. When the feeling first began Doctors had me try 3 different kinds of medacine and non of them helped so they decided to remove my gull bladder which still did not help. I notice that the nausea feeling gets worse after I eat but I still have slight nausea for 60 to 70% of the day. It also worsens in public situations. I feel that I have social anxiety but I believe that I also have some sort of stomach problems. The feeling has consumed my life. I can't go anywhere without worrying that I will "get sick". I have been thinking about going to the student health service on campus but don't know who to see. Do I see someone for social anxiety problems or for stomach problems? Please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass, and Colon Disorders Answ
If the nausea that you experience gets worse in public situations, then you may be experiencing social anxiety disorder. To exclude a stomach disorder, you can consult an internist and request a gastroscopy. If everything tests OK with your stomach, you might then consider seeking help from a mental health doctor or professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.