Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Braxton Hicks Contractions

I know I have been getting some braxton hicks contraction. The thing is in the past couple of days they have been occuring more often. They have also become more painful. More than just the tightening of the muscle. I have also had some pain in my back with the need to push. Has anyone had this.. Its really weird
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2006
Experienced User
It's Normal...
I have been pregnant before. And as far as I remember, is that, it just means its close to that time. How far along are you? When I was 8 months I have felt those little pinches. Is that what it kinda feels like? Its different for everybody. Anyways your baby is growing!, your almost there! (my guess is) because thats what it all boils down to in regaurds to contractions. You could be 7 months and have those contractions because your baby is growing.
Lots of baby dust to you!!!!!!!!! Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: Braxton Hicks Contractions
meggan wrote:
I have also had some pain in my back with the need to push.

how far along are you? The feeling of needing to push is probably the weight of your baby; I remember when I went into labour I told my midwife that I felt like I needed to push but I was hardly dilated at that point and she said it wasn't the proper pushing feeling. She was right - when that real urge to push comes over you it's amazingly strong and practically unstoppable.

It does sound as if labour could be close for you! Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Uh oh, .Meg! Confused .I hope labor isn't close for you! I know you're only 30wks! You should call your doc!
|

Experienced User
Reneblack.. I hope that is it.. I was really nervous since im only about 31 weeks along on sunday! The feeling is kind of like pinches but are slightly more painful. I feel heavy pressure down below. Almost as if im expecting my period. Its a strange feeling. I had an ultrasound done not to long ago and I was told all is well with the baby, the only concern was I had a lot of amniotic fluid. This morning the pain had subsided. Hopefully it will stay away..Lol is this normal?

I want to contact my doctor but its done through navy and automated machines. It sucks! Do you think its a need for the er to check?

Oo and is a little liquid ok to come out?

Also thank you everyone for your advice.

Arcadia. Im nervous too. I dont think its labor just painful hicks. But I think I might check out for an appointment if it continues and gets stronger!How is your pregnancy going and slight pains?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
meggan wrote:
reneblack.. I hope that is it.. I was really nervous since im only about 31 weeks along on sunday! The feeling is kind of like pinches but are slightly more painful. I feel heavy pressure down below. Almost as if im expecting my period. Its a strange feeling. I had an ultrasound done not to long ago and I was told all is well with the baby, the only concern was I had a lot of amniotic fluid. This morning the pain had subsided. Hopefully it will stay away..Lol is this normal?

I want to contact my doctor but its done through navy and automated machines. It sucks! Do you think its a need for the er to check?

Oo and is a little liquid ok to come out?

Also thank you everyone for your advice.

Arcadia. Im nervous too. I dont think its labor just painful hicks. But I think I might check out for an appointment if it continues and gets stronger!How is your pregnancy going and slight pains?

.Hopefully all is well!

Everything is going alright over here. I had the flu, but .I'm better, now! I haven't gotten any braxton hicks that .I can feel, yet. But .I do still get a little achey from my muscles stretching. I'm 26wks on .Monday!
|

replied December 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Aww ya... 26 weeks!! You must be so excited.. The time is close for your little one to come on home! Hope all is well at home and your under less stress.!!! Keep me posted on the little one and when you get the us pics. I totally wanna see.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...