Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Novial--all Month Leakage... Are We Still Protected?

Hello,

this is my girlfriends first month taking a birth control pill, she is taking novial. She has had leakage for the entire first month, now she is done with her first package of pills and should have gotten her period, but because she has been leaking all month it is hard to tell if she has period or is just still leaking... She now is supposed to wait 7 days before her new pack of pills starts... I want to make sure that during these days she is still protected...

Does this sound normal? I have heard that to have leakage the first month is normal when starting the pill, but I just wanted to make sure that we are still protected, we have had sex the past 2 days with out her taking a pill... (as we wait for the new pack to start)

anyway, thank you for any help you can give me...
Ray
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 10th, 2006
Experienced User
You guys should still be protected. She's spotting because her body is still adjusting to the new hormones and her '' leaking '' should stop after this 7 day break from pills.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Whatever you do follow your pill schedule still, if you don't you will mess up the cycle even further.

If she is still having break through bleeding after the 7 day break then she ought see her doctor/gyn as she may need to change the type of pill if this one doesn't agree with her.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...