Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Trust: My Husband Lied...should I Continue?

User Profile
Troubled & Abusive Relationships<br />
Question: I got recently got married and discovered my husband had lied about a number of things concerning his background. He reassures me he lied only because he feared rejection. I am aware of some other dishonest behavior on his part ( no affairs that I know of). I am leaning towards a divorce, but am trying to figure out how to work through this. I am having a hard time rebuilding the trust. Is it possible to live with a liar?<br>
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2006
Troubled & Abusive Relationships Answer A1924
You have asked a very subjective question that can only be answered when considering the context of your values, beliefs, and situation. If you love him and he loves you, you might be able to work on re-building trust. But trust is essential to a relationship. You might consider seeing a couples counselor, or an individual psychologist to talk about your concerns.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Troubled and Abusive Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.