User Profile
I just found out this morning that I have mild diverticulitis. The doctor told me that I must eat a low fiber diet, but I dont know what to eat.
If there is any one that had or has had this infection what kind of low fiber foods were you eating ? And is eating chicken ok to eat?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2006
Some plz reply!!
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Hi there

I was diagnosed about two years ago with diverticulitis. I had just turned 30 and could'nt beleive this happened to me. Anyway to cut a long story short, when you are have any pain try not to eat something that is rough and going to irritate your bowels. I know bread constipates me so i try to avoid eating bread. Overall try to avoid nuts, seeds, corn as these irritate the bowels. I suggest eating things like yogurts and smoothies when you are in pain as this calms everything down... I hope this helps
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....