I went to the doctor on friday and confirmed my pregnancy. I'm 6 weeks prego. Yay! We're so excited. Due date is sept 25th. The only thing worrying me is I unfortunately had a recent abortion (please no flaming, just trying to get some health advice and/or information) in october. My Dr. Told me I am at risk of a misscarriage because its so recent. She says it can happen anytime within the first 12 weeks, after the 12 weeks if I still am prego I should be fine throughout the rest of the pregnancy. I i'm half way there and really hope everything will be fine. 2 nights ago I started what I guess you all call "spotting" first time I went to the bathroom, wiped myself and it was a light clearish pink color. And like twice yesterday it was a light brownish color, and this morning as well. I really hope it's nothing and this is nonrmal. We really want this baby, we are really looking forward to having it. This is our dream come true.

Has anyone else experienced this early in there pregnancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2004
Spotting in early pregnancy is normal just make sure you keep watching to see if it becomes really red or if any clots start appearing. If you have bad back pain or stomach pains associated with the bleeding I would go to your local doctor
~alex
|

I just went to the bathroom and it was a bit red, it's very light but still worries me. I'm trying not to worry too much, just hoping it's nothing. I have no pain what so ever. I really hope my baby is ok.
|

Experienced User
I hope you have a healthy baby! Smile
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
I hope everything works out for!! I just have one question if u got an abortion only a few months ago wot has changed that has made u want to have a child now I dont mean this in a mean way I was just curious

from someone who cant wait to have a jelly bean all of their own
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
It was so early in our relationship, we were definetely not prepared. Not financially stable, just felt we weren't ready. He now is making very good money, I just started a great new job. We knew we couldnt go through another abortion. We thought about the idea of having our own child and got excited. But unfortunately I misscarried today Sad but what helps us feel better about it is that we now have more time to prepare ourselves for the future. We are still planning our wedding and hopefully as soon as I recover and heal we can try to conceive again. Thanx everyone for the info, it was much help. I have learned a lot and will be much more prepared for the future.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Lilly-
maybe you should talk to your doctor and see about how long he/she thinks you should wait to try to concieve. It would be horrible to lose another child so soon.

~sara~
|

Yeah I asked about that before I left her office. She said to wait atleast 6 months Sad but I know it will give us more time to prepare. I hope all works out in the future.
|

Well, i,m 5weeks pregant and a day or go I was spotting blood but thats normal its just your boby making the changes.I'm no doctor but I have had two abortions and I think if you are able to still get pregant everthing will be 4 the best. Wink
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...