Hi i'm new to the infertility forum but do engage in the getting pregnant one. I have been ttc for a year now and I have bad ovulation with low hormone levels, I was on clomid for 4 months and just taken off bc they did a sperm anaylis to check his counts well your suppose to have 20 million and he has not even a 100 thousand! And only 48% of his sperm are alive and mobile. We have to wait till dec 14th for him to go to the doc. So this month will prob. End in a bfn! My question is has anyone else had or none anyone that has had a low sperm count and how did they work around this, I know the boxers no briefs, and no hot showers, no drugs and alchol but is there anything else? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I have read about a method of cooling the testis by putting ice on them for periods of time to cool them down a bit but I think it depends on what is causing the low sperm counts to begin with.
|

replied March 2nd, 2007
My Experience
Hi.
I was married before and we tried to get pregnant for a long time. I knew i had problems because i have PCOS and fibroid tumors. After a while we decided to have him tested. His count was 300,000 and they were not good quality either. We went to see a uroligist and he told us there was no way we could get pregnant. I didn't like his answer. He had no suggestions for us and said it was genetic and there was no way to up your sperm count, only Zinc can make them healthier. I never did get pregnant.
I remarried this past November and now I'm trying to get pregnant again. We are on Clomid and Metformin and no luck yet. It's only been 4 months of trying. We are contemplating a sperm test, but i'm so nervous about the results. The research i've read says that alot of men have poor sperm count these days.
My advice for you is to track your ovulation with a monitor or the stream tests and make sure you have sex in that 24-48 hour window when you are most fertile. Put a pillow under your hips and lie still for 15-30 minutes after sex to give those little guys a some help. Gravity is our friend! I wish you the best.

Natalie
|

replied March 2nd, 2007
I dont know but I have heard mt. dew.... guess it hurt to try...also, if your trying to have a baby My girlfriends doctor suggested a great way, it give time for sperm to build up
|

replied March 2nd, 2007
Ok Here It Goes
The first day of your period....... count 20 days on the calander from there.... mark it on the calander, then do not have sex ten day (you can not even masturbate, neither of you) then ten days after the first day of your period have sex every other day until you hit the 20 day mark..... you can not have sex n between days (because you can overdo it and it doesnt give time for sperm to build up) and again neither of you can maturbate at all for the 20 days.

My girlfriend was never suppose to have kids, she had tumors in her uterus, surgeries and fibroids, but her doctor suggested this method and they got pregnant on the first try (after a year of trying).......good luck!
|

replied April 8th, 2007
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Hello

My husband and I have been battling with a low sperm count for a while. His dr finally said that we can have a varicocele surgery done on him to try and help the sperm count and the motilty of the sperm. What his problem was, was that his testicles were producing too much heat causing it to kill off any alive sperm he had. The dr would go in through the grown area and tie off veins to where it wouldn't produce so much heat, making the sperm have much more strength.

It has been a month since the surgery. We go to the dr the begining of May to take a semen analysis to see if there is any progress.
|

replied May 23rd, 2007
Better diet and a lot more sex
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....