So i've been thinking about this for a little while now. I'm testing again tomorrow, just to see if that faint line was for real... Smile

my husband knows that I thought I might be pregnant, but I really want to surprise him if/when I find out for sure.

Any ideas??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My friend filled a room up with tons and tons (belive me I had to help blow them up) of balloons in a room and asked him to go in there to get her some thing. There were pink and blue yellow orange and green balloons that said baby on them. It was too cute.

And then when she found out what the baby was she did the same thing with the color of the baby in the room it was cute. I liked the idea.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I had the same thing with first response. I did it I think 4 days before my period was due and I got the faintest of faint lines that I could only see in certain light and now here I am with a 2 and a half week old!

The way I told nick wasn't that creative, I just gave him a card and wrote a sappy letter inside about how much I loved him and at the end I wrote something about hoping he's as excited as I am at having a second chance to have a baby. I will never forget his reaction when he got to the end of the card. Now the card is framed and hanging in our house, everyone else just thinks it's a cute print but we know what's inside.

Good luck! I hope you get your bfp!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Go to halmark and see if they still sell fathers day cards and get him one.. He'll be like, *im not a dad, and it isnt fathers day!* and u can be like, *you will be and it is for you!*
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 21st, 2006
I did the whole "baby"-based dinner thing. It was fun! It took him a while to figure it out, but it was sweet!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Or since you're gonna be testing first thing in the morning, then climb into his arms and wake him up whispering, "wake up daddy!"

that's my plan... But I like the whole balloon thing though too! Maybe I will do that as well to celebrate a little!

Good luck girl!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2006
Experienced User
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
or since you're gonna be testing first thing in the morning, then climb into his arms and wake him up whispering, "wake up daddy!"

that's my plan... But I like the whole balloon thing though too! Maybe I will do that as well to celebrate a little!


Good luck girl!


i dunno- wake up daddy might be a bit creepy !!!!

Maybe wrap a positive test up like a present with a bow and stuff?
Get a digital one that says "pregnant" in case he has no idea what he's holding!!!
Also, probably make sure it is one of those ones that comes with a little cap thing to put over the bit you wee on.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
One thing i've been thinking about is making some signs and hot gluing them to small dowel rods. Basically, the signs would say, "surprise jerry you're going to be a daddy!" I would plant them on the side of the road so he would get the message as he drove home from work.

Sound like a good idea??
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 22nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
mommywannabe78 wrote:
one thing i've been thinking about is making some signs and hot gluing them to small dowel rods. Basically, the signs would say, "surprise jerry you're going to be a daddy!" I would plant them on the side of the road so he would get the message as he drove home from work.

Sound like a good idea??


as long as no-one else called .Jerry lives in your area. Some poor sod might have a heart attack!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
purestgreen wrote:
mommywannabe78 wrote:
one thing i've been thinking about is making some signs and hot gluing them to small dowel rods. Basically, the signs would say, "surprise jerry you're going to be a daddy!" I would plant them on the side of the road so he would get the message as he drove home from work.

Sound like a good idea??


as long as no-one else called .Jerry lives in your area. Some poor sod might have a heart attack!


ha! That would be bad! (but kinda funny, too...) Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
purestgreen wrote:
mommywannabe78 wrote:
one thing i've been thinking about is making some signs and hot gluing them to small dowel rods. Basically, the signs would say, "surprise jerry you're going to be a daddy!" I would plant them on the side of the road so he would get the message as he drove home from work.

Sound like a good idea??


as long as no-one else called .Jerry lives in your area. Some poor sod might have a heart attack!
.P.E.R.F.E.C.T idea! Lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...