Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Burning Irratation Sharp Pain When Sitting In a Hard Chair

I have had this type of pain for over 2 years. I have had all types of rectal examinations and an colonoscopy looking to find the cause. I have also receivd many ingections and nerve injections to find the source for this pain. Has anyone experienced this type of pain? And if so what was it diagnoised and how do you get relieve from the nagging pain?

Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2011
Brenda: I know your post is old but thought I'd try to contact you. I have the same issue that's been going on for almost two years now. The muscle on one side of my back seems to get aggitated/burn/pain when sitting in a hard chair. Have you had any relief or found out the cause? Just curious as it's driving me nuts.
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2011
fkv,

It sounds like it could be a pinched nerve. I've had spondylolisthesis for 25 years and started having pains in my buttocks, nether region and lower abdomen while sitting about two years ago. It was just random pains, but very sharp and intense. I thought at first my bladder had fallen or uterus prolapsed. I tried various cushions in my chairs at work, home and church. I also developed burning sensations in my legs over the past year, and the pain in my buttocks and hips grew unbearable. When I went to the doctor, I was told that my spondy had progressed and a disc had degenerated.

I also have a very achy pain in my lower back on the left side, mostly when I sit. If this sounds like the pain you're experiencing, I recommend you see an orthopedic doctor and get some x-rays. They will probably want you to get an MRI, too, because it will reveal what's going on with the nerves.
|

replied October 30th, 2011
I have had x-rays of my pelvis, MRI of my lumbar and pelvis with and w/o contrast, MRI of my hip, MRI of my thoracic spine. The ortho doc said I have arthritis in my hip and SI joint. I have had physical therapy, have been to five different chiropractors who have all treated me with different techniques (Graston, Active Release, kinesiology, electrical stim). I have also been to three different physical medicine and rehab doctors. I have tried acupuncture, deep tissue massage, trigger point massage, Bowenwork therapy. Everything is temporary and the pain comes back in a day or two.
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2011
I'm sorry you're experiencing so much pain, fkv. You might try taking glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, although the studies on these have been mixed and they haven't seemed to help me (except maybe my fingers and knee). Have you tried taking Tylenol Arthritis and an NSAID (such as aspirin or magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate)? I hope you find something that will help.
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...