Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Girls Sprinkle Baby Dust Over My Head And Pray

Well I was reading in my hubbys med book that most cuples take 6 months to a year to concieve well I guess im impatient I dont want to wait that long I just want a pretty little baby bump hehehehe

well im just asking everyone to pray and sprinkle baby dust on me

~ amy

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
***consider yourself well and truly sprinkled!!********** Smile
|

:d :d :d :d :d

thanks so much I need all the baby dust I can get ehehehehe
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Here's lots and lots and lots of baby dust to you!!! I've been trying for 6 months (on month 6 actually) and was so determined that it was going to work try #1....Ha! Well, the time has actually gone by very fast, so even if it doesn't work for you right away, hang in there.....It's not that bad!!!!
Good luck and have fun Smile
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Just dont get down hearted if it doesnt happen for you straight away just keep an open mind and stay positive!
|

replied November 17th, 2006
Thank you!!! Actually, this month has been going well. I went to the doctor's, had all my tests done (hormone levels checked, ultrasound done for pcos, blockage, etc....) and everything came back just fine! Yay!
Soooo, guess my body is just slow in trying to regulate itself again from being on the pill for 12 years. Although they are still not quite sure if I am ovulating Sad
i am trying again for the 6th time, so keep your fingers crossed for me! The tough part is I don't think I wil expect my af until christmas (yeah - lucky me), so I don't think i'll be ovulating for a while yet (and I hope that I do this time round!), but nonetheless, we are still trying now every 2nd -3rd day - whew! Poor dh!!!
Still trying my best to figure out my cycle and when I would ovulate. My af's are around 45-51 days apart. I've been charting basal temp for 7 mths now, but it is very weird. It dips and rises almost every 4-5 days - my graph looks like a big m!!!!
Ah well - i'll get there one day. But not stressing over it too much Smile
thanks for the reply - and I hope you have some good news to share soon!!!!
|

Experienced User
Prayers and baby dust to you! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed! (toes too, if necessary!!) Laughing
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
[quote] I am trying again for the 6th time, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Do you mean your have been trying for like 6 cycles or for your 6th child?? I am guessing 6th cycle as you said you have been on the pill for 12 yrs lol!
|

He-he-he....Yes, 6th time "trying" for my first child!!!!! Sorry - I guess I should have clarified that Smile it's alot harder than I thought it would have been - so many of my g/f's simply pass their husbands in the hallway and wham, they are pregnant!!!! Certainly cannot wait until the day that I get a big fat positive on my hpt - hopefully it will be a wonderful chridtmas present for myself and my husband! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this my be the time it happens!!!!!
How long have you been trying?
|

replied November 18th, 2006
Thanks everyone thats been giving advice to me and others im trying not to get down and I know its not as easy as some say or make it seem hehehehe im so jealous of those girls but thanks again and I love ya'll
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol I was going to say 6 kids? Wow!!

I have been ttc for exactly a year this month!! Theres been loads of ups and downs but I have only just been diagnosed with pcos so its a fresh start if you like! Although I do count myself as lucky I am already blessed with 2 beautiful boys!!
|

Jolie - I wish you all the best of luck with getting pregnant this month!!!!!!! With your pcos, is there anything that your doctor is recommending you to take, or to do? I was just looking into ovulex - perhaps that will help you as well?
I'm only at 6 mths of trying, and I can imagine what 1 year feels like, but like you said, you can start "fresh" and do all the right things now!!!!!!!!
Baby dust to you girl! Are those your boys oin the picture? They look adorable! How old are they?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yes they are my boys!! Aydan is 5yrs and lucas is 2 1/2yrs and yeah they are cute! (not that i'm biased!!) they are very cheeky too!

As far as the pcos is concerned I have been going to see a gynae and she has prescribed me clomid and metformin. I have to take 50mg of clomid on cd2 - 5. And I have to have 2000mg of metformin everyday, my doc advised me to take my temp so I can check I am now ovulating and that meds are working, and so I could learn more about my cycle.

Baby dust to you too! And remember they say the average woman takes around 6mths to get pregnant so maybe its your turn!
|

Thank you so much!!! I have heard that clomid and metformin work very well for those that have pcos. I asked about clomid, but for some reason it is not legal here in canada?! Yeesh, I don't know about us canadians sometimes - everything seems to get nixed by our fda!!!!
I love your boys names - what a blessing for you Smile
i hope that you get some good indications from charting your temp each day. Mine can get confusing for me, so i've basically gone to the every 2nd day attempt! You will have to keep me posted on how you're doing and if you see your "dips" at the right time!!!
I hope that you get to see a bfp soon and be writting us all with your great news!!!!
My doctor told me the same thing - the average woman can take 6 - 12 mths to get pregnant, so hopefully, like you said, this will be my month to celebrate! He also told me that as you get older, it can take longer to conceive Sad I was pregnant once when I was 21, but lost the baby at 11 weeks. I had only been off the pill for 3 1/2 months when I found out I was pregnant. Maybe that's why this time round, I thought it would be easy!!! But, maybe now that I am closing in on 31, it will take longer.
Keeping positive anyhow!
Here's some baby dust for the 2 of us!!!
Laughing
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am sorry to hear about your loss, my sister had a miscarriage a few years back and I remember the emotion pain she went through. It must be an awful experience.
Bd'ing everyother day you and your dh must be exhausted lol!!
|

replied November 19th, 2006
Thank you. Well, I guess one positive way of looking at it, is that I am able to get pregnant, so i'll count my lucky stars with that!
He-he-he.....My poor dh is trying to keep up, but it does get a bit much for him!!! Especially when I am a 45-50 day cycle and have no idea what my body is doing, so i've made the poor guy start at cd12 and we are going until cd41!! I know that sounds crazy (i am actually laughing as I just typed that!!!!!), but I figured why not give it a shot?! The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work - again Sad
right now, I am just trying to read carefully my temp chart and go off my body, but it likes to play tricks on me at times!
Totally frustrating - I never thought I would wish for a "normal, regular" cycle in my life! Lol!
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lmao poor hubby!! Smile
and I know what you mean about the normal cycle. When I got my first period after having lucas (i hadnt had one for around 2years by then!) I was dancing around the house (seriously) how many women do that about a/f Laughing
|

replied November 20th, 2006
Ahhhh - the joys of being a woman huh?!!! Well, I did order one bottle of ovulex yesterday, and it is being shipped out tomorrow, so once I start using it for a few weeks, I will let you know how it works for me!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it can regulate my cycle, and even if it gets it to a 35 day cycle, I would be so happy!!!!! I'm also hoping that it will promote my body to ovulate Smile Smile
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....