Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Does Anybody Have These Symptoms?

Ok, so for about 2 years i've had this pain that lasts weeks at a time that feels like my body is bruised when I touch it. My upper arms, my thighs and my upper chest are all painful when I touch them. When my body hurts like this I am also extremely tired. I can sleep for 10 hours and still not feel fully rested. Does anybody else have these symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2006
Go to your doctor and get blood test done. That sounds like lupus alright.
|

replied November 28th, 2006
You may also have fibromyalgia. It causes these types of symtoms. And can come and go. Read up on it and consult your doctor. Be prepared some doctors stil don't believe in it.
|

replied December 4th, 2006
Thank You
Thank you for your responses. I have an appointment with the rheumatologist this month and hopefully will find out what is wrong.
|

replied June 25th, 2008
Yes my skin hurts
I have the same painful skin-even to touch or brush your hand over it. I get very itchy now and just started on plaquinal -- hopefule for some improvement.
Guess I'm learning we're not alone.
|

replied September 21st, 2008
sorry
i have the same problem but i thought it is a side effect symptom of my midicine. i know what wre you going through and i am sorry for you
|

replied September 22nd, 2008
Until recently, I would be tired 24/7 and no amount of sleep would give refreshment. I woke up and always, always: it felt like my fingers and toes had been run over by a truck. I walked, most often, with a limp (a hip joint, inflamed)

I'd only feel good, relatively good, after being awake for many hours.
I have never had the exact feelings of hyper-sensitivity or pain to touch, bruise, or deep muscle pain.
It's different for everybody. Joint pain, joints inflamed, one, two or three areas at a time,
fatigue, etc. I'm male. Why are most lupus sufferers female? Why does lupus seem to be much more common (and severe) in younger females? "They" don't truly know.
Males tend to "get it" later, and then, often, the symptoms cascade in rapid increase of severity.
Men: you are not in bad company. Have read that Ray Walston (My Favorite Martian), who lived a long life, eventually died due to lupus' worst effect (probably kidney failure).
Newsman Charles Kuralt also reportedly died from fulminant lupus; I think he was in his sixties (I've not bothered to check) Kuralt reportedly felt well enough to go back to work, start a new project. Stress. He did not last long past that point.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....