I started on the pill (mini pill) just 9 days ago, since then I have gotten 2 canker sores and it looks like a have another 1 or 2 starting. Ive googled and only found one other person who was concerend about this, but they were given no answers. Any information would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to ehealth! Sorry it wasn't under better circumstances. You could call your dr, your pharmacist or even the b/c manufacturing company but I would definitely call your dr and see what he/she suggests.
Good luck!
|

Extremely eHealthy
If it is a cold sore, then it is caused by the hsv1 virus, or oral herpes. This is not caused by pills, it is caused by transmission of the virus from another person.

Canker sores are often caused by germs, and other infected persons.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I thought it seemed a little strange but I always feel that anything is possible but either way you should go see your dr asap.
Good luck!
|

Thank you guys. And thanks for the welcome!

Its not a cold sore, its on the inside center of my bottom lip. This did seems like an odd question to ask, and I wouldnt imagine that it would be from the pill, but the timing and severity is just strange
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Do you bite your nails? Many women that bite their nails will often notice an increase in canker sores or painful spots on the tongue, this is caused by the introduction of germs.

It is most likely a coincidence.
|

replied July 7th, 2016
I am aware of how old this post is, but if it could help anyone else looking for info on this... I had a very similar issue! I avoided bc for years because I had a bad experience on the bc patch, but had to start taking it after I had my son due to relentless acne. Anyway, I took my very first pill at 10:30 this past Sunday night and went to sleep and woke up with a canker sore on my bottom lip almost on the inside of my mouth. I have no history of cold sores/fever blisters and I'm confident I know the difference between those and canker sores. This is a classic canker. It could always be a coincidence but the timing is very suspicious. Hormones can cause weird things to happen.
|
Must Read
Can you tell the difference between a canker sore and a cold sore. Start here for basic info about types of canker sores and their characteristics....
Canker sores a triggered by a number of medical conditions and reactions. Learn what triggers a cnaker sore and how you can avoid canker sores in the future....
Can you identify the main characteristics of a canker sore? Start here and learn when you should seek help for a canker sore that won't heal....