Did anyone crave smells during their pregnancy?

Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Supporter
Not me..Do you?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah. I really want to smell dirt, rain, wood burning, mowed grass, and shoe polish.

I bought a cantalope and it sort of had a an earthy smell, like dirt, and I just sat there smelling it and I couldn't stop.

I feel like if I don't bust out the shoe polish and smell it i'll go nuts. But I don't think we have any. It feels the same as a food craving. I'm a freak.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I was like that about oranges and apples.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Okay shoe polish is a little wierd, but I love the smell of rain.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I don't think I craved weird smells, but I do remember someone on here saying they craved the smell of bleach and detergent............. Confused Surprised
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I crave the smell of permanent markers and nail polish. I dont sniff them though because of the chemcals but I sure would love to lol. I also want to eat my toothpaste Laughing it just tastes so good in my mouth. Buuut I dont.
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
tanyaface wrote:
yeah. I really want to smell dirt, rain, wood burning, mowed grass, and shoe polish.

I bought a cantalope and it sort of had a an earthy smell, like dirt, and I just sat there smelling it and I couldn't stop.

I feel like if I don't bust out the shoe polish and smell it i'll go nuts. But I don't think we have any. It feels the same as a food craving. I'm a freak.

lmao your so cute tanya! I love you bunches hahaa Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
Haha you too! But I think by "cute" you mean the biggest freak in the world. Though i'm happy to see at least gen and alexa liked to smell things too.

I seriously can't stop thinking about the things I want to smell. I even salivate a bit thinking about them. I just smell everything now. It's my new hobby. My friend lent me a sweater and it smelt so good I just sat there and smelt it for so long. I felt like a perv, at least no one was watching, which in a way makes it even more perverted.
|

Extremely eHealthy
tanyaface wrote:
haha you too! But I think by "cute" you mean the biggest freak in the world. Though i'm happy to see at least gen liked to smell things too.

I seriously can't stop thinking about the things I want to smell. I even salivate a bit thinking about them. I just smell everything now. It's my new hobby. My friend lent me a sweater and it smelt so good I just sat there and smelt it for so long. I felt like a perv, at least no one was watching, which in a way makes it even more perverted.

lmao

oh meh gawww
|

Experienced User
Yeah I have a habit with smelling everything too. My thing is this off brand pine sol stuff. It smells fruity and I just could sit there and smell it all day but the chemicles in it are bad so I can't. I'm like you if it smells good then i'll just sit there and sniff it over and over. I feel like a freak sometimes too. What pregnancy does to some people..Lol
|

Especially eHealthy
I loved the smell of these lemon lysol-type cleaning wipes, but since it's a cleaning product I couldn't smell it much. Every now and again i'd just sneak a sniff or two. Glad to see i'm not the only freak!

Lol tanya, sniffing the sweater!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh my gosh! I was just watching a baby story and a commercial came on for .Gain detergent and it was about the narrators pregnant wife having cravings for the smell of it! So I got up and ran to post about it. It seems loserish how I was so excited to come post about it now that i'm done writing it.

Smile
|

Advanced Support Team
I craved the smell of my hubbys cologne axe . I knew it was bad when I caught myself smelling another man in the store lol thank god he didnt notice that I was doing that. How embarresing Embarassed
|

Experienced User
sadie lynn wrote:
i craved the smell of my hubbys cologne axe . I knew it was bad when I caught myself smelling another man in the store lol thank god he didnt notice that I was doing that. How embarresing Embarassed

lol that's funny. I guess the axe effect only works on pregnant women.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
amnl wrote:

lol that's funny. I guess the axe effect only works on pregnant women.

yeah cause I think that sh*t stinks!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Hell no it doesn't stink :p that's what tommy uses, it just doesn't last for very long, the smell. At least I dont' think it does.

I spray my sheets with it at night and by morning it seems like it's gone.

When I was little and we were at walmart I used to stand in the freezer section with the doors open and just smelllll it lol I love that.
|

Extremely eHealthy
hcobrunette06 wrote:
hell no it doesn't stink :p that's what tommy uses, it just doesn't last for very long, the smell. At least I dont' think it does.

I spray my sheets with it at night and by morning it seems like it's gone.

When I was little and we were at walmart I used to stand in the freezer section with the doors open and just smelllll it lol I love that.

i still love that freezer smell.

When I was pregnant I just stuck my head in the freezer and shut the door. It was just awesome.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Chris used to use axe... I love that stuff.
Oh oh oh but he uses old spice deoderant..
I forget what its called exactly, but omg.
Seriously. I could lay in his pits all day &smell it.
It smells sooooo good to me. Lmao.
|

Extremely eHealthy
arcadia wrote:
chris used to use axe... I love that stuff.

Oh oh oh but he uses old spice deoderant..

I forget what its called exactly, but omg.

Seriously. I could lay in his pits all day &smell it.

It smells sooooo good to me. Lmao.

yeah until you get pit hair in your nose! Yummy
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...