My partner and I have been trying for a baby for 14 months with no such luck...

I always have presumed that the problem lies with me, I was with a previous partner for 4 years and in the last 2 years of our relationship we were trying to concieve for a baby (this was about 5 years ago). Again nothing happened... Eventually the relationship came to an end due to other factors but not being able to concieve always played on my mind. I was only 19 at the time and my partner at the time was 33.

I am now older and my current partner is the same age as me.... So age doesnt seem to be a problem. I went to the doctors afew months ago and decided to have some tests. I dont have any sti's/chlymidia... My uterus the doctor said had slight erosion but nothing to worry about. My partner is now going to get some routine tests done next week....

Its really frustrating as I am reading so much information on the net... I try not stress about it and when we have sex we dont think about making a baby. I have tried everything from noting mucas changes, temperature, periods, ovalation etc.... Now we have just resorted to having sex every 2nd day regardless if its when am ovalating or not... But nothing seems to happen.....

I was just wondering if anyone is going through this as well. Its soo frustrating but trying not to let it get to me... And let nature take its course... The doctor said she could transfer us to fertility clinic but I dont want to go down this route and be drained over it if there doesnt seem to be problems with us at the moment
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 14th, 2006
Experienced User
After 2 years of trying with your ex and 14 months of trying with your current I would suggest you take your doctor's advice and go to a fertility clinic for some tests.....I would have your boyfriend do the sperm analysis first though to see if the problem lies with him, because its cheaper and sometimes it is quite easy to fix. If he turns out ok, then the doctors need to evaluate you, it may be something simple that can be fixed with medication like a short leutal phase or hostile cm, or it can be something serious or it could be nothing at all except the time was not right...... But you will never know until you try to get some answers.
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Experienced User
I agree with foxy, if he turns out to be fine then definately go and see the fertility Dr. At least you will be able to be helped if you need it. Did your doctor do some basic tests? Like hormone levels and to see if you are for sure ovulating? But I guess you would know that if you did temperature charting!
Waiting is so hard! It just feels like it will never happen and then you see what seems like everyone else get pregnant with no problems!
I am hoping this is my month! It is my first month on clomid and I am almost due for af, I just want to test every day! But I know it is too early.
Good luck to you!!!!!
|

replied November 19th, 2006
tululabell wrote:
i agree with foxy, if he turns out to be fine then definately go and see the fertility Dr. At least you will be able to be helped if you need it. Did your doctor do some basic tests? Like hormone levels and to see if you are for sure ovulating? But I guess you would know that if you did temperature charting!
Waiting is so hard! It just feels like it will never happen and then you see what seems like everyone else get pregnant with no problems!
I am hoping this is my month! It is my first month on clomid and I am almost due for af, I just want to test every day! But I know it is too early.
Good luck to you!!!!!

yes all the basic tests were done on me just awaiting outcome of my partners then we are getting referred..... Dependent on that...

I know everyone I know are falling pregnant at a drop of hat... What is clomid?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Clomid is a type of hormone, known as anti-oestrogen. You are generally prescribed these meds if your tests reveal you arent ovulating. Clomid triggers ovulation by releasing certain hormones that for some reason your body doesnt make on its own during your monthly cycle.

I was given clomid and metformin by my doctor a month ago because I have pcos. I have to take 50mg of clomid (1 tablet) every morning on cd 2-5.

Keep positive. My df and I have been ttc for a year now and everything was going wrong! But after I was referred to a gynae and diagnosed with pcos everything is looking better. I mean its not a great thing to have but at least I am on meds now to control the problem!
Good luck.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....