I am nearly 16 and recently I had a nose job which changed my life completely. Iam so happy with it. Although, I heard that if you have the operation too young you'll get a bump on it later on! I no I was very young when I had it and now im just wondering if this is true- has anyone out there been in my situation? Thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rheaseo25
|

replied March 18th, 2004
I have not heard of this but I am 24 and getting rhinoplasty in a week. I would not worry to much about

good luck
|

replied March 31st, 2017
thanks !google.
|

replied April 24th, 2004
I don't know from experience, but I have heard of that - I think it is because your body (including your facial structures) does not finish growing completely until you are 18-21. That is why most doctors suggest you wait until then.
|

replied July 24th, 2004
I'm 34 and had a nose job at 16. I can say that I do not and don't expect to have a bump on my nose. I have three sisters and all have had nose jobs at a relatively young age and we are all in our thirties bump free. I hope this post will calm your fears.
|

replied August 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I already have a bump and that's why I want a nose job!
|

replied September 28th, 2009
Where can i do nose job at 16?Tell em clinics please
Stace and jewels14 tell me please where did u have your nose jobs?Thank you!
|

replied October 16th, 2009
Want to do your nose job? I knew a surgeon in Beverly Hills-Dr. John Diaz
Dr. Diaz is a medical staff member of the renowned Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA and has a private practice in Beverly Hills.
Believe me, now you are in safe hands!
|

Dr. John Diaz is also a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and quite a experience one.
But I want to know what is the whole process, cost and recovery time.

Please someone help.

Regards
|

A rhinoplasty can be performed two ways, A Closed approach or the Open approach. The choice of which approach to use depends on the findings during an examination. A "Closed" approach is a technique of rhinoplasty in which no external incisions are made to the nose. All incisions are made within the nose. re will be no external scars.

If an individual needs major revision of the tip of the nose, more complex manuevers to the dorsum of the nose, or has major breathing difficulties, the "Open" approach is a better option. In an "Open" approach refers to a technique in which a small incision is made across the the small bridge of tissue between the nostrils leading up to the tip of the nose. The incision is designed so that when it heals, it is won't leave any scars.
What technique will be used depend on what is found on a careful examination by your doctor.

For the recovery part, the full recovery takes almost 6 weeks and for the cost I guess you got to call the doctor and work things out.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
Very useful information indeed!
Also before considering nose job, consult Dr. Diaz,an expert surgeon whether you need chin augmentaion also. If yes, go for both. It will enhance your beauty and look.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
Thanks All for the information.
One last thing I want to know that if there is any financing available at Dr.John Diaz?

Thanks
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2010
i want a nose job and im 15. i only have maybe 8 days till school and im soo embaressed i have to go back with this huge thing on my face. people who know me only by pictures of the front view dont know i have a huge nose on my side view.. i want a nose job. but my parents dont have alot of money... and i want something to help me! anything! before school and maybe a nose huggie or nose secret? i have a bump and i dont think those will help it go down Sad
|

replied June 11th, 2011
Medical Reasons why having Rhinoplasty is a need!

These are the specific instances when a nose job is deemed to be immediately done:

• The person has breathing problems related to the nose.
• The existence of a nasal deformity which is quite noticeable even in photographs.
• The obstruction which hampers the breathing of the person on either nostril is more than 50%.
• Such problem is not caused by internal damage such as an enlarged tubing bones.
• The presence of a deviated septum or a misshaped nose which trigger migraines.
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
Before any surgery can happen, you need to have a consult with your surgeon to make sure whether you are a good candidate or not. One factor that determines this is your age. You should be on the age where your facial growth has stopped which is around 13 years old. You should also be generally healthy and free from any vices, such as drinking or smoking, for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. It is also important to have realistic goals and expectations on the outcome of surgery. sunny

So that is for your case, age 16 is okay, however you need rely on your surgeon assessment.
|
Users who thank veronikaseo19 for this post: yousef2033 
Quick Reply