Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

So Why Dont You Protect All Life (Page 1)

User Profile
As a prolifer your beliefs lie towards protecting life but if life comes in all forms why are people bad for killing life such as viruses and cancer they can hurt you as can a fetus.

A fetus will actually use all your reserve energy and can cause pain along side bausea/vomitting so tell me what is the difference or is it just a moral?

What is the difference between a fetus and a parasite they have the same manner and cause the same side effects?

Why does the human body try to fight implantation if it was supposed to happen naturally? Or is procreating actually wrong?

Whats the difference between someone who had an abortion and someone who had a kid? none their both human

is it okay to hurt people who have abortion because you are above the law? Is it okay to bomb clinics and kill drs?

If you are pro-life what happened to saving our planet and protecting humans who are born and need help?? Or is it justified because god told you to ? what about older people who need our help are you going to say just screw them since they will die soon protect new life?

can you honestly give advice without telling a woman shes wrong for thinking about an abortion?

Would you be willing to pay an extra 150$ a month to have people keep their kids, being that only pro-lifers have to pay more?

Would you be willing to volunteer your time to help new moms with a time away program?

Why dont you worry about the already moms who need help? what about the 80% of moms who suffer from depression after the birth of their children so why isnt it a happy time when 80% of woman suffer from depression after?????????

Why arent you doing you job, why arent you worrying about real matter?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: So Why Dont You Protect All Life
diamondsz wrote:
as a prolifer your beliefs lie towards protecting life but if life comes in all forms why are people bad for killing life such as viruses and cancer they can hurt you as can a fetus.

A fetus will actually use all your reserve energy and can cause pain along side bausea/vomitting so tell me what is the difference or is it just a moral?

What is the difference between a fetus and a parasite they have the same manner and cause the same side effects?

Why does the human body try to fight implantation if it was supposed to happen naturally? Or is procreating actually wrong?

Whats the difference between someone who had an abortion and someone who had a kid? none their both human

is it okay to hurt people who have abortion because you are above the law? Is it okay to bomb clinics and kill drs?

If you are pro-life what happened to saving our planet and protecting humans who are born and need help?? Or is it justified because god told you to ? what about older people who need our help are you going to say just screw them since they will die soon protect new life?

can you honestly give advice without telling a woman shes wrong for thinking about an abortion?

Would you be willing to pay an extra 150$ a month to have people keep their kids, being that only pro-lifers have to pay more?

Would you be willing to volunteer your time to help new moms with a time away program?

Why dont you worry about the already moms who need help? what about the 80% of moms who suffer from depression after the birth of their children so why isnt it a happy time when 80% of woman suffer from depression after?????????

if someone does not want to be tired, or vomit from a pregnancy, then do not become pregnant. Plain and simple. If you do, deal with it like a woman and stop whining like a irresponsible child who wants a candy bar.

The difference between a parasite and a fetus is that the fetus will grow up to be you or me. He or she may save a life, may be a doctor and save many lives, may be a saint one day, or hey....Maybe even save someon you love by chance. I seriously doubt a parasite ever will have much worth, sorry. *roll*

the difference between someone who had an abortion as opposed to had the child? Isn't this obvious?!

No. It is not right to hurt someone who has had an abortion or to bomb clinics. That would just sink us down to the level of a woman who aborts. And yes....There are pro-life that do that. Their called extremists. They come in all shapes in sizes, just like all humans.

I do believe in protecting others, in helping those unfortunate and in need. It is one of the reasons I will be an rn in 2009. I believe in helping those in need, not killing them. I feel a 2 week old fetus and a 90 year old person both have rights and equal efforts should be given to save and/or help them both.

I would give $150 a month if it guarenteed no more woman would kill their children. But that will never happen. I would give that....With that being said though.....It is not my responsibility to do that to keep children alive. People need to be responsible for themselves. It is not my duty to keep jane's child alive. It is hers. As for the volunteering for a time away program, yes...I would in a heartbeat, happily so. Simply because .Mothers are amazing and deserve breaks because we are special people. Not because I feel it is my responsiblity to care for jane's "sensitivity" issues.

Could you site this 80% figure? Nonetheless....I cannot answer your question about post-partum depression. I am not studying to be a psychologist, so my specialty is not the logistics of the human mind. Why do people cheat on their spouse, why do people kill, why do people do this and that? If someone is that scared of pp depression, don't get pregnant.

And what is the real matter here? Womans rights? I do my real job everyday...I am a .Mother to a beautiful little boy.
|

replied November 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
sunshine424 wrote:
diamondsz wrote:
as a prolifer your beliefs lie towards protecting life but if life comes in all forms why are people bad for killing life such as viruses and cancer they can hurt you as can a fetus.

if someone does not want to be tired, or vomit from a pregnancy, then do not become pregnant. Plain and simple.

if only it were. But as you know, or at least I hope you know, it's not that simple. If women could just turn off ovulation any time they liked, then you could say what you just stated. Otherwise... It's not as simple as you wish it was.

Quote:
the difference between a parasite and a fetus is that the fetus will grow up to be you or me. He or she may save a life, may be a doctor and save many lives, may be a saint one day, or hey....Maybe even save someon you love by chance.

or... S/he could become a mass-murderer, the next .Hitler, the next .Osama .Bin .Laden, the next .Unibomber. Life is unpredictable. You can't save every fetus on the wish that s/he will cure cancer. Similarly, you can't kill everyone in fear s/he will become the newest .Vlad the .Impaler.

Quote:
I seriously doubt a parasite ever will have much worth, sorry. *roll*

the word parasite is used because of the nature of how a fetus survives. It literally sucks nutrients from the mother, and during the time in the womb, does nothing to help the woman's life be better. It doesn't attract food. It doesn't clean out the cave. Heck, it's not even as helpful as a remora fish, since it's not eating the paasites off the woman's skin. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Quote:
the difference between someone who had an abortion as opposed to had the child? Isn't this obvious?!

no. Both could be parents, if that's what you're implying. Meet... My mother.

Quote:
no. It is not right to hurt someone who has had an abortion or to bomb clinics. That would just sink us down to the level of a woman who aborts.

because of course women who abort murder living women for having different opinions than them. Yeah, totally identical.

Quote:
i would give $150 a month if it guarenteed no more woman would kill their children.

i would give all my income if it meant a way to discover the perfect birth control.

Quote:
if someone is that scared of pp depression, don't get pregnant.

again, if only it were that simple.

Quote:
and what is the real matter here? Womans rights? I do my real job everyday...I am a .Mother to a beautiful little boy.

see, you don't believe that abortion is the right of a woman because you feel that the traditional, "real", "best" job for a woman is to be a gestation machine, to pop out babies for your husband. That, to me, is more sickening than any ripped apart fetus photo.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Cut her some slack, eiri - she's a fundie and will never have the ability to pull her head out of her edit long enough to learn anything logical. She's probably been brainwashed into fundie-hood since her younger years, so the narrow-mindedness has been deeply ingrained in her brain cell.

Very interesting argument, diamondsz - most of what you said were my thoughts as well. I can't wait to see the pro-liar backlash to this.

Quote:
why arent you doing you job, why arent you worrying about real matter?

very simple - they'll fight, scream and whine to make sure one more unwanted fetus gets born, and once it makes that crossover from fetus to infant, pro-lifers sigh with relief knowing they've "saved" another fetus and say, "well now it's the mother's responsibility. Let's go edit up someone else's life now". They do what they do because they know they will not have to deal with the responsibility of that fetus-turned-infant once it's born.
|

sunshine424 wrote:
stop whining like a irresponsible child who wants a candy bar.

now she is comparing pregnancy to candy bars.

sunshine424 wrote:
the difference between a parasite and a fetus is that the fetus will grow up to be you or me.

really? You can guarntee the pregnancy will carry to term with no problems?

sunshine424 wrote:
he or she may save a life, may be a doctor and save many lives, may be a saint one day, or hey....Maybe even save someon you love by chance.

it could also turn into the next hitler... Next fallacy, you edit

sunshine424 wrote:
i feel a 2 week old fetus and a 90 year old person both have rights and equal efforts should be given to save and/or help them both.

no, you believe a 2 week embroy has more rights than the woman it lives inside.
|

replied November 14th, 2006
sunshine424 wrote:

if someone does not want to be tired, or vomit from a pregnancy, then do not become pregnant. Plain and simple.

if women could will themselves to not get pregnant, there'd be no unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:
if you do, deal with it like a woman and stop whining like a irresponsible child who wants a candy bar.

i *did* deal with it and didn't whine to anyone about it - I aborted. Smile

Quote:
the difference between a parasite and a fetus is that the fetus will grow up to be you or me. He or she may save a life, may be a doctor and save many lives, may be a saint one day, or hey....Maybe even save someon you love by chance. I seriously doubt a parasite ever will have much worth, sorry. *roll*

or it could be the next hitler, or dahmer, or bundy, or gacy etc etc.

Btw, better watch that rolling - you'll roll right downhill into the river.

Quote:

are you saying that you can tell by looking at her whether a woman aborted or birthed? Fine, what are next week's lottery numbers?

Quote:
simply because .Mothers are amazing and deserve breaks because we are special people.

pure emotobabble.

Quote:
and what is the real matter here? Womans rights? I do my real job everyday...I am a .Mother to a beautiful little boy.

want a hero biscuit?

I am mother to a beautiful five year old four footed furry child, who i'd rather have than any two legged one any day.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
cambion wrote:

very simple - they'll fight, scream and whine to make sure one more unwanted fetus gets born, and once it makes that crossover from fetus to infant, pro-lifers sigh with relief knowing they've "saved" another fetus and say, "well now it's the mother's responsibility. Let's go f*ck up someone else's life now". They do what they do because they know they will not have to deal with the responsibility of that fetus-turned-infant once it's born.

i agree with you cambion, everyone support a mother during a pregnancy/birthing process and after no one gives a crap!

I had given birth to my daughter got ppd and found out I was two months pregnant but no one would help me cause I should be able to fend all on my own and hell I needed that help.

Im not pro-life but I support people with ppd crap I do so much I burn myself out, then watch the kids then go to work and my life never stops, somedays I wish I had the help with my kids but see no one wants to help without me paying cash!

Due to my age and my marital status I cant apply for special programs because im married or because I make to much money ha I make money but it all goes to the kids reality check please,

sorry to vent but I need to
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
sunshine424 wrote:

it is not my responsibility to do that to keep children alive. People need to be responsible for themselves. It is not my duty to keep jane's child alive. It is hers. As for the volunteering for a time away program, yes...I would in a heartbeat, happily so. Simply because .Mothers are amazing and deserve breaks because we are special people. Not because I feel it is my responsiblity to care for jane's "sensitivity" issues.

this is really hard for people to understand...Sometimes, being responsible for yourself means getting an abortion. Birth control isn't failsafe, and asking/teaching/expecting adult women to remain chaste is beyond ridiculous from a reality based point of view. So, you have sex, unwanted pregnancy results, you have an abortion. Responsibility taken.

Taking responsibility doesn't have to equate to a live birth.
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Experienced User
msrosie wrote:
sunshine424 wrote:

if women could will themselves to not get pregnant, there'd be no unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:
if you do, deal with it like a woman and stop whining like a irresponsible child who wants a candy bar.

i *did* deal with it and didn't whine to anyone about it - I aborted. Smile

Quote:
the difference between a parasite and a fetus is that the fetus will grow up to be you or me. He or she may save a life, may be a doctor and save many lives, may be a saint one day, or hey....Maybe even save someon you love by chance. I seriously doubt a parasite ever will have much worth, sorry. *roll*

or it could be the next hitler, or dahmer, or bundy, or gacy etc etc.

Btw, better watch that rolling - you'll roll right downhill into the river.

Quote:

are you saying that you can tell by looking at her whether a woman aborted or birthed? Fine, what are next week's lottery numbers?

Quote:
simply because .Mothers are amazing and deserve breaks because we are special people.

pure emotobabble.

Quote:

want a hero biscuit?

I am mother to a beautiful five year old four footed furry child, who i'd rather have than any two legged one any day.

woman can "will" themselves to not become pregnant. It is called birth control. Abortion is not birth control. Birth control prevents the pregnancy in the first place. I don't care if it takes a double method....Taking the pill or some contraceptive and wearing a condom, so be it. As long as it saves a life, it is a good idea to do so. The pro-choice excuse in not doing this is the famous "i'm not an incubator" line, or the even better one "protection fails". No sh*t. Deal with it like you should as a human being with morals and responsibilities. Abortion does not equal responsibility. Killing your child is in no way responsible.

No, i'm not saying by looking at someone you can tell if they aborted. She asked the difference. That is simple. One is decent, one truly isn't. End of comment.

Of course saying mothers are special is "emotobabble" to you. Your the one that killed your child. So any mention of the role of motherhood makes you realize what you really are....Need I say more? I'm not in a league with you so sorry I got so "emotional" with my words. (*roll* once again). There isn't much else to do but roll my eyes at such liberal garbage.

That is fine that you would rather be a mother to an animal. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that if you become pregnant by "accident" you think it is okay to conveniently dispose of your flesh and blood. I bet you would not do that to your pet's babies would you? I think you are in a category with the 4 legged species there gal. Lol
|

replied November 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
sunshine424 wrote:
taking the pill or some contraceptive and wearing a condom, so be it

i agree with this. If you really really don't want to get pregnant then you should be extra careful with your contraception. No excuses.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
sunshine424 wrote:

no, i'm not saying by looking at someone you can tell if they aborted. She asked the difference. That is simple. One is decent, one truly isn't. End of comment.

Of course saying mothers are special is "emotobabble" to you. Your the one that killed your child. So any mention of the role of motherhood makes you realize what you really are....Need I say more? I'm not in a league with you so sorry I got so "emotional" with my words. (*roll* once again). There isn't much else to do but roll my eyes at such liberal garbage.

That is fine that you would rather be a mother to an animal. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that if you become pregnant by "accident" you think it is okay to conveniently dispose of your flesh and blood. I bet you would not do that to your pet's babies would you? I think you are in a category with the 4 legged species there gal. Lol

just not, sunshine, lest ye be judged. It is a shame that someone with your written skills shows such a sectarian view.

What is decent?

What is responsible?

I suppose you will respond with omnipotence. What a way to live...To be deceived into thinking that you know all the answers. Humility is a hard lesson to learn.

By the way, you are no 'better' than any other creature on this earth-whether two footed, four pawed or eight-legged. Neither am i. We all do the best we can with what we have. The type of person who would classifly someone as a dog and mean that as an insult is someone who has a lot to learn in life.
|

sunshine424 wrote:

woman can "will" themselves to not become pregnant. It is called birth control.

using b/c is *not* "willing oneself to not become pregnant". Willing oneself to not become pregnant would be psychologically controlling your eggs so that they do not become fertilized - which cannot be done. Women can try to prevent pregnancy by using contraception, but all contraception has a failure rate.

Quote:
abortion is not birth control. Birth control prevents the pregnancy in the first place.

no, contraception prevents pregnancy. Birth control prevents birth. Abortion can be considered birth control.

Quote:
i don't care if it takes a double method....Taking the pill or some contraceptive and wearing a condom, so be it.

not everyone can take hormonal contraception - I can't. And I see no reason why I should have to "double up", given the expense and hassle, when *i* have no problem aborting should my one chosen method fail.

Quote:
deal with it like you should as a human being with morals and responsibilities. Abortion does not equal responsibility.

it is your subjective opinion that abortion is not responsible. *my* subjective opinion disagrees, and when it comes to making decisions for *my* body and it's contents, it's *my* subjective opinion that counts, not anyone else's.

Quote:
killing your child is in no way responsible.

killing your child is quite illegal.

Quote:
of course saying mothers are special is "emotobabble" to you. Your the one that killed your child.

i have not killed a child. Please do not libel me again.

Quote:
so any mention of the role of motherhood makes you realize what you really are....Need I say more?

i know what I am - a decent, kind, caring, considerate person.

Quote:
i'm not in a league with you

i know you aren't but perhaps some day you will rise up to my level. :d

Quote:
so sorry I got so "emotional" with my words. (*roll* once again). There isn't much else to do but roll my eyes at such liberal garbage.

i am not liberal.

Quote:
that is fine that you would rather be a mother to an animal. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that if you become pregnant by "accident" you think it is okay to conveniently dispose of your flesh and blood. I bet you would not do that to your pet's babies would you?

i see nothing wrong with doing that and yes, I would do that if my dog became pregnant (which she won't as she is spayed).

Quote:
i think you are in a category with the 4 legged species there gal. Lol

if you are trying to insult me, you failed miserably. Dogs are loving, warm, loyal, intelligent creatures - it is not an insult to be compared to one.

Now, once again I am asking you politely to please trim your quoted material. If you do not wish to do this, please do not respond to my posts. Thank you.
|

sunshine424 wrote:
woman can "will" themselves to not become pregnant.

wow. You really did get more idiotic.

sunshine424 wrote:
abortion is not birth control.

abortion prevents birth. Sounds like birth control to me.

sunshine424 wrote:
birth control prevents the pregnancy in the first place.

no, birth control prevents birth, implantation, fertilization or ovulation. Contraception prevnents fertilization.
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
xwomanx wrote:
justgottaloveit wrote:
sunshine424 wrote:
woman can "will" themselves to not become pregnant.

wow. You really did get more idiotic.

sunshine424 wrote:
abortion is not birth control.

abortion prevents birth. Sounds like birth control to me.

sunshine424 wrote:
birth control prevents the pregnancy in the first place.

no, birth control prevents birth, implantation, fertilization or ovulation. Contraception prevnents fertilization.

when you look in the mirror in the morning what do you see?

Is it the abortion you should have been or the peadophile that you are you skanky [tramp] go screw daddy some more and give the neighbour hood kids a break

thats a little harsh now!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Personally I think when you can say"someone who had an abortion is a lesser person than me" is just wrong, what make you better than anyone else ?

Sunshine said why would people loose their rights if abortion is taken away?

You just answered that when you said anyone who condone abortion is disgusting, you already removed peoples rights just by what you said!

I would have no problem with pro-life if they were more open-minded, yet when you tell a woman what she can or cannot do you are in the wrong and that makes you narrowminded same as being racist!

Our world changes everyday and people still die we cannot stop it but we can do something about it and alot of pro-choice people seem to be doing more about it than pro-life. I wonder what pro-life would do if forced to commit 20/hrs a week to volunteer?

I cherish life but I also believe that everyone should be treated the same, if one woman would like to parent than she should have the same rights as someone who would like an abortion, that is called equality! Thing is alot of people dont want to acknowledge that this is th truth and in my mind I consider some of you to be the equivalent of racists!

Although I wouldnt want to think a fetus as a parasite its true as much as people hate to think about it read up on parasites and you will see I have nothing to hide and as much as the truth can hurt we still have to face it eventually. I had my two pregnancies and kept both so what makes me any different that some you pro-life or is it just because I condone a disgusting act that makes me different than you. Its a free country and I have a right to my beliefs just as I choose not to believe in the catholic religion, I would rather be agnostic.

Im happy to have rights/freedoms but I would like other woman to know they have this right as well, the freedom to choose is what makes us human!

So anyways ill stop ranting cause I could go on for hours!
|

Extremely eHealthy
diamondsz wrote:
i would have no problem with pro-life if they were more open-minded,

.Don't tar all pro-lifers with the same brush - after all, pro-choicers have their fair share of 'interesting' individuals themselves!

diamondsz wrote:
i wonder what pro-life would do if forced to commit 20/hrs a week to volunteer?

.They would probably react the same as a pro-choicer who was forced to commit 20 hours a week to volunteer work...

diamondsz wrote:
so anyways ill stop ranting cause I could go on for hours!

ranting is good for the soul! Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
purestgreen wrote:
diamondsz wrote:
i would have no problem with pro-life if they were more open-minded,

.Don't tar all pro-lifers with the same brush - after all, pro-choicers have their fair share of 'interesting' individuals themselves!

diamondsz wrote:
i wonder what pro-life would do if forced to commit 20/hrs a week to volunteer?

.They would probably react the same as a pro-choicer who was forced to commit 20 hours a week to volunteer work...

diamondsz wrote:
so anyways ill stop ranting cause I could go on for hours!

ranting is good for the soul! Wink

purest im not painting all of you only some sorry should have been more clear
|

Especially eHealthy
xwomanx wrote:

when you look in the mirror in the morning what do you see?

Is it the abortion you should have been or the peadophile that you are you skanky [tramp] go screw daddy some more and give the neighbour hood kids a break

this post isn't helping the debate in any way and needs to be removed. S/he doesn't even relate to the issue at hand. You could stick in any word besides abortion in that post and it would still make perfect sense.
|

User Profile
It was funny though come on Laughing Laughing Laughing
|

Especially eHealthy
diamond splinter wrote:
it was funny though come on Laughing Laughing Laughing