User Profile
I received a rather hard impact to the head with a shinai (kendo sword) without armor. I have since noticed a depression within the area of the impact. There's pain around the area though it's actually greater around the depression with very little inside it. Pain only arises when I touch, rub, poke, etc the area. A painful tinge is felt if I turn my head completely to the left side (injury is on left of head above the temporal bone. About an inch above eye in terms of location, but close to ear.) The pain when I turn my head is actually not where the depression is. I really need a very good reason to go to a hospital for this because I can't take off from classes or work and both basically dominate my days. I'm a 3-4 yr practioner of kendo, kenjutsu and Muay Thai; this was a REALLY stupid move on my part. It's the result of random unarmored foolishness among friends; I asked for no head shots and my opponent apparently disagreed. Gr. I also feel tremendously stuffed up, but I have a dreadful cold at the moment so that would explain the feeling in my ears and such.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2006
Headache, Migraines, Sinus Conditions Answer A1869
You probably are experiencing a contusion of the soft tissues above the skull. It doesn’t seem likely that the bone (skull) or brain is damaged. If you don’t have a headache, but only experience local pain upon touching the area, you probably won’t need to go to a hospital. But if you have a headache( especially if it is accompanied with dizziness and vomiting) you should ask for medical help immediately.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.