Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

Does This Make Me a Lesbian!!!! (Page 1)

Hi..I have a boyfriend but he wants me to try having a night with a girl. I said no right off the back but ive been thinking about it and it doesnt sound bad. Ive watched other girls do each other in person and strangely it turned me on...It looked like fun and because both of them were females they both knew what each other liked and wanted they didnt have to tell each other..I have a girl that is bi and she wants to do me but me not do her till I get comfortable with it...Would that make me a lesbian if I let her but me not do anything to her?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile fiona05
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Been There Done That!!
No, it doesn't make you a lesbian because I was in the same situation once and I was with a female and it was fun and she did everything and then we tried it again and I joined in and that was it. It was just a lot of fun. My boyfriend and I are still together and my friend and I are still friends. It was just an experience for me. Nothing more. Go for it!!!!
|

replied May 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
yup!
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
paul995 wrote:
yup!

are you agreeing with me or are you telling her yes it does make her a les?? Smile
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
I agree with you . . . but it's hard to say that you're not a lesbian if you have fantasies of doing it with another girl.

How would you classify a guy who has a girlfriend, yet he has fantasizes having sex with a boy, just for experience. . . ?
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Just because you have fantasies about the same gender does not make you lesbian.

Even going through and doing something with someone of the same gender once or even twice does not make you lesbian!

Being lesbian means that you feel sexually attracted only to girls. You only want to date girls, you only want to have sex with girls, and the thought of sex with a male just doesn't turn you on. A lesbian may even consider kissing a guy to be icky, gross, and a turn-off.

You sound like you are curious about sex with the same gender. This is often called bi-curious. There is nothing wrong with feeling this way. If you feel that you wouldn't mind doing something with a girl, then go for it: but only do it for yourself, and never because your boyfriend wants you to do it!
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
paul995 wrote:

How would you classify a guy who has a girlfriend, yet he has fantasizes having sex with a boy, just for experience. . . ?

I would call you bi-curious, just like the girl who started this topic. You are not gay just because you have fantasies.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
paul995 wrote:

I would call you bi-curious, just like the girl who started this topic. You are not gay just because you have fantasies.

I totally agree with you Eiri!!!

Paul995 Go for it!! Live a little and just have some fun!!!!
|

replied May 5th, 2007
Experienced User
stepbak26 wrote:
Eiri wrote:
paul995 wrote:

hey! i wasn't the one who fantasizes with men. I was just asking how would you call such. hehehe! Laughing
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Experienced User
stepbak26 wrote:
Eiri wrote:
paul995 wrote:

LOL!! OK!!
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Experienced User
"gay" and "Strait", IMO, aren't very realistic terms. Our society has conditioned us to believe you're one or the other, or maybe bi, but honestly I question the existence of any. Look at ancient Rome. There were "strait" men who loved to have sex with women, but once in a while they'd have sex with men (at orgies usually) and nobody thought anything of it. Likewise some women only preferred other women, but every so often they get a hankerin' for a penis and have at it. If you look at sexually open societies, and the animal kingdom for that matter, most creatures human or otherwise have a preferrence, but not an exclusive one.
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2007
no not necessarally, it sounds more like experimentation as of now, experimentation can result in different ways though so you may find out in the future your a lesbian, by, or straight, or you could just say "well I had some crazy times when im young but im happy as a straight female". Trust me if your a lesbian you'll know. you may not know now but trust me after time you will.
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I think you are just curious...most people that are gay know it and have no doubt about it.
|

User Profile
Supporter
mike9856746 wrote:
"gay" and "Strait", IMO, aren't very realistic terms. Our society has conditioned us to believe you're one or the other, or maybe bi, but honestly I question the existence of any. Look at ancient Rome. There were "strait" men who loved to have sex with women, but once in a while they'd have sex with men (at orgies usually) and nobody thought anything of it. Likewise some women only preferred other women, but every so often they get a hankerin' for a penis and have at it. If you look at sexually open societies, and the animal kingdom for that matter, most creatures human or otherwise have a preferrence, but not an exclusive one.

words of wisdom here! totally agree.

it is impossible to categorise people in this way. i am in a stable relationship with a guy i love, i wouldn't have anyone but him! but i have kissed girls, i'd like to go down on a girl, that idea really turns me on. but if you asked me what i was i'd say i was straight. in the interests of making communication between people easier we use these terms 'gay', 'bi' or 'straight', but when it comes down to it, none of these things really exist. they are just words, and words do not accurately describe reality.

don't be so concerned with labeling yourself in these ways. do what you want, do what feels natural.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
fiona05, good advise..Be you, be who you are, be your authentic self and you cant go wrong.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2008
Go for it. Very Happy You'll never know until you at least try, right?
|
Users who thank Ichigos_Passion for this post: homerx 

replied April 29th, 2009
who cares what your classified as, if you want to do it do it, it sounds like fun!
|
Users who thank hellothere92 for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Community Volunteer
THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS IS YOUR OWN!!!!

i wasn't yelling...i hit cap lock...sorry Rolling Eyes
|

replied February 16th, 2010
I have had thoughts and going for it. Just have to find someone to do it with. Wondering how to approach it.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Shiningstar85
Finding someone to have homosexual sex with works just the same as finding someone to have heterosexual sex with. Go to a club and flirt, respond to a personal ad, meet someone through friends. There's no secret handshake to get sex with your own gender. You just meet someone, make a connection and let nature take it's course.
|
Quick Reply