User Profile
They say that if your temperature stays high for a long time, you might be pregnant. What exactly is that high temp that everyone is talking about? Is it in the mid 98? Or does it go higher than 100?
Mine was down around my ovulation time at about 97.1 or so... And now it's been 98.5 for a long time. Does this mean anything?

And another question. My basal thermometer beeps when it's ready to be used, but then never beeps again when it's done taking my temperature. Is it busted? Or is this the way it's suppose to be working? I got it through an internet at baby center, so I don't know.

Thanks all for your answers!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2006
Community Volunteer
It should stay raised but it might only be a little bit (0.1 or 0.2 degrees), but should stay raised well past when your period is due.

It is an indicator but is not definitive of pregnancy. In other words sometimes the temp can stay raised but you might not be pregnant.
|

Experienced User
I would recommend that you read the book taking charge of your fertility by toni weschler (sp). It is full of info on bbt. There is also a website with information. You can also check out fertilty friend.Com. You can chart on there for free and they also have lots of information on how long your temp should stay raised and have answers to many of the questions you may have on temping.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Your thermometer should have a series of "beeps" when it is done reading your temp. You can get one at your local drugstore for about $7.00!
Everyone's temp will be a bit different, for example: mine can fluctuate up and down quite a bit each month, but it should "dip" when you ovulate and again when your af is due. However, like kia said, a raised temp for days on end, is not necessarily an indication of pregnancy. Mine stayed raised for about 20 days (higher than mt normal temp) and then wham, my af finally came!!!!
Hope this helps!
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah it should beep, I got my bbt thermometer at target for like $8.
It takes about 2 minutes for the beep, but it does beep!
Yeah like they said it isn't a guarantee but it would make me take a hpt to be sure!
Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied April 7th, 2008
ive been wondering the same thing about temps, mine has been at around 99.6 lately, which is pretty high, but then I took a test and it came out negative, I have only one day left due for my period. I'm nervous..but the whole temp thing is messing me up. I can't find a website that tells you the typical temp for women
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....